what are they exactly looking for..?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

what are they exactly looking for..?

Post by gitarrero » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:48 am

Hi there,...this listinging:An LA-based Music Library seeks CLASSICAL/ORCHESTRAL/SYMPHONIC and "fast paced extreme sports" INSTRUMENTALS for film/TV/a/video game placement. Electronica could work as well. The company has been in biz for about a year and already has had placements on ABC, NBC, and HBO as well as films distributed by Disney, Warner Bros., and Trimark. You must own all of your song's licensing/pub. rights and have release forms for any & all performers on your recording [if you hired studio musicians, for example]. They offer a non-exclusive deal. The company's owner will screen your submissions. If you were forwarded for #Y060510TV or Y060811TV, do not submit the same material. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY -- NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than Oct. 23, 2006.TAXI # Y061023OR..my question: what exactly do they mean with "fast paced extreme sports"...? Does orchestral music need to be fast/"action"-alike..?thanks for helping me - I'm not an English native, I guess that's why I don't really understand it..;)Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: what are they exactly looking for..?

Post by gitarrero » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:52 pm

...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease... nobody around who knows an answer...?thanks,Martin

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:39 am

Gitarrero: OK, they are looking for 2 different things so submissions can be sent in for either type. The best way to understand this is to watch something like NFL films where they show the highlights from football games and there is music in the background. Sometimes they use general orchestral/symphony type music and sometimes hard driving (generally) rock music for the "fast paced extreme sports" type.Do you have music that fits into one of these 2 categories? Matto, Andre, and Dave Walton on this forum could better help describe them. For the "fast paced", it simply is fast tempo, hard driving rock. This one in my catalog has been forwarded for this type of lead in the past and offered library deals, but it may be borderline as to whether it is energetic enough.http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/transm ... ndsq=1When my brain wakes up this morning, I'll think of examples from commercial songs. I'm sure Matto, Andre and Dave can think of tons of samples.This is what makes this forum so great. No question is too silly and there are almost always people with track records of success, such as the names I mentioned, who are willing to help.If you would like me to take a listen to a few mp3 clips and give you my opinion (for what it's worth), PM or email me through here.BTW, from the read of this, it is definitely a "High Bar" lead, meaning only excellent work will be accepted. At least, that's my impression. And to you TAXI screener-haters, note that the listing party on this one is doing the screening themselves. Casey

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:20 am

Earlier this year I found the web site for a music production company that did all the music for OLN's 2004 Tour de France coverage (cycling is my sport). They had several tracks for download with names like "Battle," "Drama," "Struggle." etc...some of it would probably be considered "fast paced extreme sports"http://www.itgmusic.com/home.htmlClick on "Verse" - the TDF and other sports music are there...

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:32 am

thanks guys for the tipps - I think I know now how it should sound!