Forwarded after a loooong time...

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

thaman
Active
Active

Forwarded after a loooong time...

Post by thaman » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:51 am

Hey all,I just got forwarded to the following listing:The Producer of an Independent Horror Film (w/ distribution) needs an ALTERNATIVE POP SONG (with lyrics) a la "CUP OF TEA" by the VERVE PIPE (from their 1996 release "Villains"). He needs a song similar in style, tempo, and lyrical theme. The film is about a bunch of college kids who view a midnight showing of a horror flick where the killer in the movie comes to life and attacks the theater patrons. This song is for the entrance of the protagonist: an independent, smart, very likable pre-pubescent boy - the "little hero." Great performances are essential (this is for a "feature use"). Male vocals only. They're offering a license fee of about $500 per cue, depending on usage. Broadcast quality needed. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than Oct. 12, 2007. TAXI # Y071012VPIt's been a while since I got forwarded, so this is good news to me. The song that got forwarded is "If I Loved You" - you can find it at http://www.taxi.com/ramansachdev Let me know what you think!Raman

rcase
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Forwarded after a loooong time...

Post by rcase » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:29 am

Raman,Congratulations to you on the forward!I really enjoyed the song, and what you're doing arrangement-wise. I particularly like the moment you transition into the lift, and the intensity of the vocal during your chorus. Nice vibe to this! Good luck to you.
"Financial success as a songwriter requires 3 things: One, craft. Two, volume. Three, time." - Vikki Flawith

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:48 pm

dude, did you have Johnny Rzeznik sing the chorus'?good tune!
-- Marc Blackwell

mdwagnerxxx

Post by mdwagnerxxx » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Raman, Congratulations. that was a good song. I liked the mix and the mood you created. I submitted to the same listing but was rejected. For compare and contrast, the song I submitted was I can't grow up. you can listen to it at http://www.taxi.com/mikewagner Once again congratulations and good luck!Mike

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 am

I like all the stops in it- the tension and release they create is very nice.

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:52 am

Hey Raman,Cool tune. Congrats on the forward!! 77

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:49 am

Raman,Way to go!! Great tune you've got there. Loved the tight guitars and the melody had wonderful contrast!Well deserved forward and many more to come. Squids

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Yeah, Raman, AWESOME tune you got there. the arrangement, the VOCALS (!)... Not only Congrats on the forward, but that one ABSOLUTELY belongs on college, alternative radio.there should be more following this one. Soon.Keep it up, Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

gerrel
Active
Active

Post by gerrel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:46 pm

Dude!!!! That song is OFF THE HOOK! Now wonder you got it picked! Hmmmm.....I wondr if you come at songwriting like the song is gonna be a big hit would it change the energy and feel of how you create it....THus making a hit song like this one is! Keep it up dude! Sound like they could play that on "The HiLLs" reality show or something! Gerr-El.

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:13 am

Man, great song! Really like it, congrats & good luck with the placement!