SO60830CO

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

SO60830CO

Post by horacejesse » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:27 pm

I did not get forwarded for this listing. I wanted to post a specific example of a rejection which did not get my hackles up.I sent two of my very best. The screener was quite complimentary, and seemed to reject the songs only on the basis of tempo. One song was described by the screener as a rolling mid-tempo and the other as a shuffling two-step, both very accurate descriptions.After going back and re-reading the listing I noticed that UPTEMPO was all in upper case letters. After this I could really not disagree with the screener and saw what he/she meant. Perhaps it was a close call anyway. I like to think of it this way.This was the best review I have received in terms of accuracy, I felt. Screener #152 was the listener. Gotta give him/her credit for listening pretty closely.Though the songs were not forwarded I still have high hopes for both of them.Horace Jesse

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: SO60830CO

Post by davewalton » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:05 am

Quote:I did not get forwarded for this listing. I wanted to post a specific example of a rejection which did not get my hackles up.I sent two of my very best. The screener was quite complimentary, and seemed to reject the songs only on the basis of tempo. One song was described by the screener as a rolling mid-tempo and the other as a shuffling two-step, both very accurate descriptions.After going back and re-reading the listing I noticed that UPTEMPO was all in upper case letters. After this I could really not disagree with the screener and saw what he/she meant. Perhaps it was a close call anyway. I like to think of it this way.This was the best review I have received in terms of accuracy, I felt. Screener #152 was the listener. Gotta give him/her credit for listening pretty closely.Though the songs were not forwarded I still have high hopes for both of them.Horace JesseYep, and that's what it's all about. There's something liberating about being able to gracefully brush aside small "setbacks". So next time you'll read the listings a little closer... no big deal. Learning and moving on, that's the way to go.