Question???

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

grubb

Question???

Post by grubb » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:42 pm

What happens when a listing says submit 1 to 3 songs and you submit 3 songs and the screener feels that only one of those songs are on target? Does that 1 song get forwarded and the other 2 returned or do the whole submission get returned or forwarded?

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Question???

Post by gitarrero » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:00 pm

I'm not an expert - but I as far as I read this one song the screener liked would be forwarded, the other rejected.rejecting all because one of them didn't fit (but others do) wouldn't make sense at all.
production, composition & stringed instruments

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:16 am

Quote:What happens when a listing says submit 1 to 3 songs and you submit 3 songs and the screener feels that only one of those songs are on target? Does that 1 song get forwarded and the other 2 returned or do the whole submission get returned or forwarded? I've had it happen both ways and there's reasons for both. Normally, each song is considered on its own and you can have one song forwarded, two returned. Everyone once in a while a listing for a staff songwriter or film composer shows up on the listings. I remember listings like that where they're evaluating you as a songwriter/composer, not each song. In those listings they mentioned that what you submitted represented you as a whole and that if one or two of the songs were weak that you would be rejected as a whole.Does that make sense? DavePS - I've found that quality is better than quantity. I used to feel that I had a better chance if I submitted three songs no matter what but I've found out is that one or two on-target songs go better than throwing in another just to have three.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:11 am

yeah Dave, that's right - I forgot the case of a "songwriter/staff writer listing".that makes sense.Quality vs. quantity - well I know especially in the begining one tend to send in as much as possible - but that doesn't bringt "it" necessary. I think as a songwriter/producer who pitch their own material we need to learn to choose the songs from more from a publishers point of view than one from the songwriter.It's about being focussed and objective enough I guess.
production, composition & stringed instruments

grubb

Post by grubb » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:10 pm

Yes....... It makes alot of senseThank you both