Re: Forum format suggestions

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:08 pm

Quote:There are several inconvenient aspects of of this forum which could be easily changed.1. I do not see any way to delete a post once it has been submitted.2. In order for someone to know you are talking to them you have to either address them directly or quote them. Why not just automatically list the post # and/or the individual that is being replied to?3. I do not see any way to edit a post once it has been submitted. Horace,You absolutely can delete or edit your own posts! When you are logged in, look for the "Modify" and "Delete" icons at the top right of your post. I already edited this one and there is a note at the bottom saying so.As far as addressing someone, I don't see what is so hard about just using their name as above. Casey

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:29 am

Thanks, pal, I missed that entire.

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:57 am

However, I still feel that the post # that one is replying to should be listed with the post. This would make things much simpler in a long thread with many posts, especially when one person has a lot of posts in that thread.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:48 pm

This is a reply to reply #2 by Horace...I don't know if everyone realizes, but message boards like this one are not custom designed from scratch. A few companies offer message board packages providing a message form "in a can". The "can" can be customized for colors, background, fonts, subject categories, etc. Jimi did a really nice job customizing this one for TAXI. The feature you are asking for does not exist in this message board software AND I don't think too many are requesting it. Casey