Electronica/Metronome

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

babyblues
Active
Active

Electronica/Metronome

Post by babyblues » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 am

Did this throw anyone else with the metronome requirement? Little confused...***************TAXI Dispatch***************ELECTRONICA/DANCE SONGS and INSTRUMENTALS a la Aphex Twin, Air, Chemical Brothers, BT, etc., needed by the President/CEO of a Sports Training Music Website. Tracks (with vocals and without) can range in tempo from 60 to 145 bpm. He specifically stated that all tracks must be recorded with a metronome. The compensation for usage of your music is 0.15 cents per download and a artist profile/link on the site. Please submit one to three tracks online or per CD, include lyrics (if applicable). All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Noon (PST) on Friday, September 4, 2009. TAXI #D090904ELThanks,BB

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Electronica/Metronome

Post by mazz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:32 am

Another case of a non-musician specifying to musicians in a language not their own! My take on this is: Must be able to provide exact BPM that the piece was recorded at so that the editors can cut on the beats and so the trainers can structure their workout routines accordingly. The tempo must be constant from beginning to end, it cannot vary, in other words, "metronomic".Since they are asking for a specific range of tempos, make sure you have the tempo information at your fingertips. I'd just include it in the mp3 metadata, iTunes has a field for BPM.That's my interpretation, for what it's worth.Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

markjsmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Electronica/Metronome

Post by markjsmith » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks Mazz, I was thrown by this as well!-Mark

babyblues
Active
Active