How many songs?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

samstone1977
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

How many songs?

Post by samstone1977 » Sun May 31, 2009 2:54 am

Hello, I currently only have 6 songs on CD. I have another 3 coming in later this month. I have to pay to get demos made as I am .. well I have a voice like a love sick alley cat and can't play an instrument. How many songs should I have in order to make dispatch worth my while? Thanks

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: How many songs?

Post by Casey H » Sun May 31, 2009 3:55 am

May 31, 2009, 5:54am, samstone1977 wrote:Hello, I currently only have 6 songs on CD. I have another 3 coming in later this month. I have to pay to get demos made as I am .. well I have a voice like a love sick alley cat and can't play an instrument. How many songs should I have in order to make dispatch worth my while? ThanksDispatch is most effective if you have a decent size catalog (hard to pin the number, but let's say 15-20) and/or can quickly turn new tracks around on demand. As a non-performer who used demo services (like me), it's much tougher. People who have their own home studios and will produce tracks quickly, tailored to the listing, do best.My recommendation is sign up for the Dispatch email list by contacting Taxi. Anyone can. Then watch the listings over a few months and get an idea of how many you think you could target. One good thing is if you do join, the fee is prorated according to where you are in your regular membership cycle. So, let's say you are 1/2 way through your membership year and see a Dispatch listing that looks like a good one for you. You could sign up for Dispatch at that point and only pay about $75 to be a Dispatch member until your next regular renewal.Best of luck! Casey