jazz standards

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

slotter
Impressive
Impressive

Re: jazz standards

Post by slotter » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Nice one Mazz.Shame to hear about your opinion of Live gigs though... seems to be the way of the world lately.. is live music on it's way out finally? are us alley cats destined to eat fish bones and garbage scraps forever? I hope not, for my rent's sake!Hope to catch up one day.D

slotter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by slotter » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 am

Yeh man... I dont know about 20 years ago, but gigs haven't gone up in the past 10 thats for sure... BUT... it's a like an itch I just have to scratch.. I'm not happy unless I'm on stage! I get down if I'm too long away from the lights... I've done day jobs, from building to office work.. but I can't hack it.. we're just different breeds of cats.. but we're both cats! You dig?

slotter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by slotter » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Sounds good Mazz... like your style. Hope to catch a studio cat in the alley one of these days. Actually if I'm being honest the reason I joined TAXI is beacause I got a taste of that "make money while you sleep" flavour! Did some vocals for a Volswagon and Honda ad. here in Spain and made stupid money for very little studio time... and it got me thinking.BUT.. I aint never quiting live music.. someone's got to keep it alive... I feel I've been blessed/cursed with the task! hahaJust got back from a low paying solo gig, acoustic and singing... I've got a nasty swollen throat and a seriously f$$ked up chest but I enjoyed every second... I think it's a mental illness and maybe you're lucky enough to have been cured!!Next time I'm out your way I'll hunt you down for a beer.In the meantime, if you dig the jazz, you might like some of the stuff I do with my trio www.myspace.com/fastthreehope that pin pioint of light gets bigger and wider and brighter for us both bro.HugsD