Instrumentals in various styles..

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Instrumentals in various styles..

Post by orest » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 am

It says: "should run between 2 - 5 minutes"Would you send a song that is 1.53 in length? "INSTRUMENTALS IN VARIOUS STYLES (Action/Adventure, Suspense/Tension,Inspirational/Emotional, Horror/Terror) are needed immediately for a ProductionMusic Library owned by a veteran in the industry. This material needs to besuitable for Advertising, Television and Corporate Film - broadcast quality is amust. All types of instrumentation will be considered, but the mood/approach shouldfall into one of the referenced categories above. This company offers anon-exclusive deal with a 50/50 split between the writer and the company. Yourselections should be between 2 and 5 minutes long, and it's suggested that eachpiece clearly express the intended overall tone - being sure to title your pieceappropriately will also help to set up the expectation of the listener. Becausethis listing is calling for such a range of approaches/styles/instrumentation/tone,the more clear in the performance the better. Performances and compositions MUST beexcellent and compelling. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. Allsubmissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and mustbe received by 4pm PST on Thursday, August 21, 2008. TAXI #D080821IN"

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Instrumentals in various styles..

Post by davewalton » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Aug 18, 2008, 2:14pm, orest wrote:It says: "should run between 2 - 5 minutes"Would you send a song that is 1.53 in length? "INSTRUMENTALS IN VARIOUS STYLES (Action/Adventure, Suspense/Tension,Inspirational/Emotional, Horror/Terror) are needed immediately for a ProductionMusic Library owned by a veteran in the industry. This material needs to besuitable for Advertising, Television and Corporate Film - broadcast quality is amust. All types of instrumentation will be considered, but the mood/approach shouldfall into one of the referenced categories above. This company offers anon-exclusive deal with a 50/50 split between the writer and the company. Yourselections should be between 2 and 5 minutes long, and it's suggested that eachpiece clearly express the intended overall tone - being sure to title your pieceappropriately will also help to set up the expectation of the listener. Becausethis listing is calling for such a range of approaches/styles/instrumentation/tone,the more clear in the performance the better. Performances and compositions MUST beexcellent and compelling. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. Allsubmissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and mustbe received by 4pm PST on Thursday, August 21, 2008. TAXI #D080821IN"That sounds to me more like a preference rather than a requirement (like exactly 20secs for a promo or whatever). I'd submit it.

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:11 pm

I would love to submit to this listing also but I can't find it anywhere... ? Is it under instrumental or film/TV? (or something else) I must be really tired...
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:16 pm

Oh, wait... this has a time it has to be received. Does that mean it's a dispatch listing? That would explain why I can't find it. I am glad I am not loosing my mind...
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Yes, you must upgrade to dispatch if you would like to submit to this one. Thanks for your answer Dave!

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:06 pm

I got a forward on this...http://www.taximusic.com/download/15435 ... ee.mp3Alex, did you send in?