So...would this be worth the $5?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

So...would this be worth the $5?

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:55 pm

There's a new listing for "French/Italian" songs...But they're very specific about the 'sound' they're looking for (the listing asks for "quirky" rather than serious or dramatic), and I'm not sure if I should bother ('cause it'll mean signing up -again- for Dispatch, and money is tight right now).Let me know what YOU would do...Thanks, y'all.Ted"Still the One"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 4&stream=1
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Re: So...would this be worth the $5?

Post by mikegoudreau » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:37 pm

Hey Ted,I was checking this Dispatch Listing too....I have several French tunes...But I don't think they're '' quirky ''....They are French cabaret tunes with nice romantic lyrics that Jean Custeau wrote to my music...So on one hand they sound like authentic French music but on the other they might not be '' quirky ''...I'm much more careful lately to what I submit to, since I've had more returns than forwards in the past 2 months and my confidence is a bit shot.I had heard your tune before and it might work but again...Is it ''quirky'' ?...This is a word that is not a precise meaning...To me...But I'm half French so it might be my bilingualism. Sorry I'm probably not much help to you here. Take care and good luck,Mike

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:39 am

Thanks, Mike.Yeah, it's that particular word, "quirky", that is my biggest reason for hesitation.And with the additional expense of "DISPATCH", I'm going to have to let this one pass...'Preciate your taking the time.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

wignelson
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wignelson » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 am

Yeah, Ted, I'd pass on that, too, only because it would mean the extra dispatch money. It's a nice tune and would do better as film music. But the only quirky thing that I hear is an accordion and Spanish sounding guitar in the same song. Good tune, though. Wig

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:53 am

Ted, it's a nice piece but I don't hear quirky in it. I would submit it to the "dramatic instrumentals" listing that's coming up and also "Olympic defeat/heartbreak instrumentals" because it has a poignant quality I think might make it a fit. As a long shot, you might also try the "dramatic scientific/investiagative instrumental listing. Good job on the track!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website