Does one of these fit in...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

elischumann
Impressive
Impressive

Does one of these fit in...

Post by elischumann » Wed May 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Would you guys tell me if any of these songs fit into this listing? I haven’t signed up yet but this one is kind of pulling me right in. It would be cool if you only pick one of them to tell me what you think if you don’t have time to listen to all of them. I think the first one is the one that most likely would submit if I sign up.INSTRUMENTAL COMPOSITIONS/SONGS are needed by the Music Supervisor and the Producer of a Feature Documentary a la "What The Bleep Do We Know". The Music Supervisor will be screening this material himself. He's looking for a variety of instrumental music along the lines of the soundtracks from "American Beauty", "The Sixth Sense", "The Fifth Element", etc. (i.e. James Horner, James Newton Howard, Eric Serra). He may choose one great composer if the style is perfect. The budget is TBA, but there will be modest Master/Sync fees paid if your cues are used and an all in budget if a single composer is selected. Broadcast quality is absolutely necessary for this listing. MIDI is okay here, but the tones should be very authentic-sounding and convincing. There is no suggested time frame for these submissions, but please keep in mind that he'll be using them to determine what your full capabilities might be. A short piece that is written and performed well can be just as effective as a lengthy piece... be sure to display your talents in the scope of your composition and the recording/production. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened by the Music Supervisor here at TAXI on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES - and must be received by Noon PST on Tuesday, May 13, 2008. UNHAPPINESS:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... m=trueLATE THINKING:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... eam=trueIN THE DEEP:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... RREVOCABLE TRUTH:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... =trueThank you!

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Does one of these fit in...

Post by marcblack30 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:00 am

These sound great, and to me sounds like a great fit.I briefly researched the soundstracks but it didn't take long to realize that this listing was not for me.I think your chances are very high.Good luck!
-- Marc Blackwell

elischumann
Impressive
Impressive

Post by elischumann » Thu May 08, 2008 5:14 am

Thanks for the input marcblak30!I think I will sign up before the deadline of that listing.

rcase
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rcase » Mon May 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Hey Eliezer,Nice sounding stuff buddy! I liked your sense of dynamics, and 'breaths' between phrases to create and keep interest. Particularly, I like In The Deep, and relevant to this listing, to my ears, maybe it falls somewhere between a Horner and a Howard!You probably do this already, but in case you haven't, spend some quality time with the specific films they mention. And then take a really close look at your tracks (these and/or any others you might have) to look for similarities in style or general mood. Further, if they're referencing 'What The Bleep' here because their pic is similar (and not just because it's a doc-feature), then watch that (thought-provoking, challenging movie!) as well for hints about a possible tone they're shooting for. I think the Newman ala in particular suggests some commonalities with the mood of Bleep (they reference American Beauty, and that's Tom Newman, not James Horner).Disclaimer: I'm a pop songwriter, not a film composer.. but I collect film music, and am enthralled with film composing as a profession, for reasons I don't entirely understand. T Newman and JN Howard are in fact two of my favorites. Good luck to you with this listing and all the rest in your future!Rob
"Financial success as a songwriter requires 3 things: One, craft. Two, volume. Three, time." - Vikki Flawith

elischumann
Impressive
Impressive

Post by elischumann » Mon May 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Hey rcase,Thanks a lot for the input. Very helpful!