ELEVATOR MUSIC/CALYPSO ISLAND INSTRUMENTALS

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

ELEVATOR MUSIC/CALYPSO ISLAND INSTRUMENTALS

Post by sgs4u » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:43 am

I thought I'd try and write an instrumental. I almost always write songs w lyrics. I'm posting this to find out from any of you if it could work for this listing: Calypso BeachELEVATOR MUSIC/CALYPSO ISLAND INSTRUMENTALS are wanted urgently by a Music Library/Publisher who has many Film and Major Network TV placements. He’s already signed and placed several TAXI writers and tracks. He’s looking for instrumentals that are clearly in the “elevator music” category, with Calypso Island tones being his primary focus. Performances should be great and the quality needs to be broadcast ready. There is a high demand here from one of his major network clients and he needs a lot of options, so send any material that you think might apply! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. As usual, we’ll let you know by email whether your submission was returned or forwarded. Submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received by Noon PST on Thursday, April 24, 2008. TAXI #D080424IN

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: ELEVATOR MUSIC/CALYPSO ISLAND INSTRUMENTALS

Post by billg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 am

Steve, it must be perfect because my hands started sweating (elevators creep me out) -

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Apr 25, 2008, 12:43pm, sgs4u wrote:I thought I'd try and write an instrumental. I almost always write songs w lyrics. I'm posting this to find out from any of you if it could work for this listing: Calypso BeachELEVATOR MUSIC/CALYPSO ISLAND INSTRUMENTALS are wanted urgently by a Music Library/Publisher who has many Film and Major Network TV placements. He’s already signed and placed several TAXI writers and tracks. He’s looking for instrumentals that are clearly in the “elevator music” category, with Calypso Island tones being his primary focus. Performances should be great and the quality needs to be broadcast ready. There is a high demand here from one of his major network clients and he needs a lot of options, so send any material that you think might apply! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. As usual, we’ll let you know by email whether your submission was returned or forwarded. Submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received by Noon PST on Thursday, April 24, 2008. TAXI #D080424INSteve,this may be far too sophisticated to be confined to elevators.It's probably to damn good but I am sure it will find a suitable home soon.J

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Steve,I like it ( not that my opinion matters ) and I think it could be on target...But you hear so many different types of '' elevator '' music in public places that this makes this a hard listing to read... I sent one of my jazzy Latin instrumental pieces for this myself...So thanks for posting yours since I was curious to hear what other folks are submitting to this listing.Good luck bro !MG

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:38 pm

This is the perfect feel for Direct TV on their advertising page where it is just their logo. I hear this kind of stuff all the time on their.This has a similar feel to Tequilla. I think it needs something else to come in after a minute or so, since exactly the same thing seems to be going on at the beginning as at the end. Sax would do well here. Grain of salt, friend, you see my record of wrong and right. But those are my impressions anyway.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Sweaty Elevator Music sounds like a great title Bill, thxJD, thanks again for noticing (btw, I sent you a PM)Goudreau, please do me a favor and post yours for comparison. Your forward ration is on fire. Mine is barely smoldering. And no, I don't watch American Idol, my wife does...Jesse, that's an excellent suggestion. Perhaps it's time for the steel drums, I never got around to. Don't know what grain of salt means bro. You're always good with me!

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:19 am

Hey Steve,Quality piece here......I agree with whoever said this is too good for elevator music but I think that genre is slowly getting more sophisticated. I think you've got an excellent shot at it.I'm in agreement with jesse that it needs something and your suggestion of steel drums would be jes great.

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:49 am

Hey Steve,Here's my song '' Holiday in Brazil ''....I don't think it's as on target as yours...But I thought I'd give it a shot...BTW my forward rating has taken a serious ass kicking so far this year...9 out 27 ( compared to 42 out of 63 in 2007 )...So I don't think I'm any better than you bro ! http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... &stream=1I think your chances are very good ( But what do I know )...Bonne chance mon ami !Mike

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun May 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Does anyone think or know if this listing later occurred in the regular listings (May 1rst)? There is one that sounds quite similar but does not mention elevator music. They want island music though.