Amnesia?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Amnesia?

Post by marcblack30 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:23 pm

dispatch listing for :CONTEMPORARY, QUIRKY & FUN SONGS WITH VOCALS are needed by a high-profile Music Supervisor for a Major Network TV SERIES that revolves around the main character who suffers from amnesia, forcing her to find out who she really is. These songs could range from a very "left of center" Indie Pop, Alt Rock, Singer-Songwriter, etc. to a more obviously comedic lyrical/melodic approach. While the lyrics should be light and playful, they shouldn't be too specific in terms of story line or a progression of events. A universally fun tone should be the primary focus, lyrically and musically. The musical tone should be current-sounding and the performances must be excellent. Male or female vocals are just fine. This is a broadcast quality listing...I only have one song that is even relatively close to being fun and quirky. the part in yellow would worry me a bit.anyone think this tune would be worth submiting? Love for Freehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=25007&stream=trueI would love to hear what others are submitting to this.please share.thanks,marc
-- Marc Blackwell

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Amnesia?

Post by billg » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:03 am

Marc, this is a really cool song. It's hard for me to figure out exactly what kind of song would fit perfectly with this listing. If I were you I'd just submit it & see what happens.

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:53 pm

Hmmm, I wonder if a quirky Christmas song would work here. I mean, most TV shows have a Christmas related show around that time of year...though I've been rejected with that sort of thinking before....

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Hey Marka grovin song, it does feel lighti hope you get the big F!

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:31 am

Thanks!Well... it's worth a shot. i was hoping that others would post their songs just to get a feel, no big shakes.dgnats, i have no idea if they would accept a x-mas tune for this, my guess would be no.very funny tune though, not sure if they would appreciate the F bomb as much as i do. good luck!after reading this through again, it looks like the range is pretty open, time to roll the dice!
-- Marc Blackwell

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 am

HE Swings.... and he misses
-- Marc Blackwell

jonathanm
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jonathanm » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Apr 21, 2008, 2:28pm, marcblack30 wrote:HE Swings.... and he misses Well, that was a pretty difficult listing to get zeroed in. I'm still not sure what they were wanting. Ah, well...
"Everyone always misquotes me." - Frederick Q. Larson

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:07 am

Deadline is already past, so file this post under too little too late, but my guess on what they were looking for in the way of some a lasRegina Spektor-FidelityFeist-1234 (iPod commercial)Amos Lee-Sweet Pea (AT&T commercial)Joe Purdy-Can't Get It Right Today (Kia Commercial)