CLASSIC ROCK SONGS

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

CLASSIC ROCK SONGS

Post by mikegoudreau » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Hey fellow passengers,I submitted to this listing back in June 2007 and got a forward for my version of The Beatles tunes '' Oh ! Darling ''...But didn't hear back from the company, so I called Taxi and asked if I should submit the same tune again...But they told me that it was the same company so I didn't have to since they still have my tune on file and are just looking for more material to choose from...So I'm crossing my fingers for that Here's Oh ! Darling ! If curious :http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... stream=1So I submitted another Beatles tune You've Got To Hide Your Love Away ( I actually recorded this one for my ''solo'' demo for my agent to help get me solo bookings. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away...If curioushttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=114925&stream=1New Listing COVER ARRANGEMENTS of '60s/'70s (even some early '80s) CLASSIC ROCK SONGS (with vocals ) are needed by the Music Supervisor of a major cable TV series. It’s a sophisticated comedy/drama about a Los Angeles writer who whose life is filled with raising his 13-year old daughter, trying to rekindle the relationship with his ex-girlfriend, and living the fast lane lifestyle (women, drugs, nightlife, celebrities). The main character is similar to a modern day Jim Morrison. He’s in his early 40s, so he grew up on the music of artists such as The Beatles, the Kinks, Bob Dylan, Buffalo Springfield, the Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Crosby Stills & Nash, Cream, etc. etc. Male or female vocals are OK and all tempos are fine as well. Great performances are absolutely essential. You can take some liberties in your arrangements of popular songs from this era, but be sure to stay true enough to the song that it is recognizable instantly. IMPORTANT!: MAKE SURE YOU OWN THE MASTER RIGHTS to your cover version of the song. Broadcast quality needed - Great sounding home recordings are OK. TAXI # D080327RKCheers,Mike

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: CLASSIC ROCK SONGS

Post by Casey H » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Quote:Hey fellow passengers,I submitted to this listing back in June 2007 and got a forward for my version of The Beatles tunes '' Oh ! Darling ''...But didn't hear back from the company, so I called Taxi and asked if I should submit the same tune again...But they told me that it was the same company so I didn't have to since they still have my tune on file and are just looking for more material to choose from...So I'm crossing my fingers for that Here's Oh ! Darling ! If curious :http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... stream=1So I submitted another Beatles tune You've Got To Hide Your Love Away ( I actually recorded this one for my ''solo'' demo for my agent to help get me solo bookings. and You've Got To Hide Your Love Away...If curioushttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=114925&stream=1New Listing COVER ARRANGEMENTS of '60s/'70s (even some early '80s) CLASSIC ROCK SONGS (with vocals ) are needed by the Music Supervisor of a major cable TV series. It’s a sophisticated comedy/drama about a Los Angeles writer who whose life is filled with raising his 13-year old daughter, trying to rekindle the relationship with his ex-girlfriend, and living the fast lane lifestyle (women, drugs, nightlife, celebrities). The main character is similar to a modern day Jim Morrison. He’s in his early 40s, so he grew up on the music of artists such as The Beatles, the Kinks, Bob Dylan, Buffalo Springfield, the Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Crosby Stills & Nash, Cream, etc. etc. Male or female vocals are OK and all tempos are fine as well. Great performances are absolutely essential. You can take some liberties in your arrangements of popular songs from this era, but be sure to stay true enough to the song that it is recognizable instantly. IMPORTANT!: MAKE SURE YOU OWN THE MASTER RIGHTS to your cover version of the song. Broadcast quality needed - Great sounding home recordings are OK. TAXI # D080327RKCheers,MikeNice cover to one of my favorite songs!! I think it's a winner... Casey

leejohnson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by leejohnson » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Wow, that is a great version...nice job!Lee

tomaragon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by tomaragon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Mike:Very nice renditions!I also submitted a Beatle cover of Magical Mystery TourI'm not getting my hopes up due to the fact that this was done about 17 years ago on a portastudio (remember 8 tracks on a cassette? ) in my bedroom. My how times have changed.

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks for posting your comments !Hey Tom thanks for posting your Magical Mystery Tour arrangement...Very cool...I like it !! Great vocals and guitars !I remember those 8 track recorders too...Although 17 years ago I was gigging alot more than writing and recording ! Lots of people checking out this post but few are actually posting comments... I would have liked to hear more tunes submitted for this cool dispatch. Rock on !MG