Listing for Movie Trailer

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Listing for Movie Trailer

Post by nknjmes » Wed May 23, 2007 8:15 am

I did a one minute instrumental for that movie trailer for the hitman in Europe. It was returned... Was I off target? They wanted high energy rock ala NIN, Metallica, Prodigy, etc. Lot's of killing going on I guess.It's called Eurokiller and you can hear it at my taxi page: www.taxi.com/jwThanks.

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Listing for Movie Trailer

Post by aubreyz » Wed May 23, 2007 9:44 am

Quote:I did a one minute instrumental for that movie trailer for the hitman in Europe. It was returned... Was I off target? They wanted high energy rock ala NIN, Metallica, Prodigy, etc. Lot's of killing going on I guess.It's called Eurokiller and you can hear it at my taxi page: www.taxi.com/jwThanks.James,I’ll preempt my comments with the disclaimer that I’m no Taxi Screener – though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time… so you can take my opinion for it’s actual cost.First. Nice track. A quick listen on my laptop and it seems very tight and well produced. Nice job!Here’s why I don’t think it was forwarded.#1 – the intro silence. Though musically interesting, for broadcast that much silence is dead air. Most “trailers” will have dynamic accents and stops like that, but usually some element fills in the gap – like a reverb or effect sustain, or some kind of eerie pad or sfx. There are times when a voiceover can fill holes like that, and even times when silence works, but listening to your track, the accents didn’t seem that unique or interesting. IMHO that the weakest “arrangement” aspect of the track.#2 – not dark enough. NIN, Metallica, Prodigy are very different, but they all share a dark, somber, almost dismal tonality. It’s more than just distortion, it’s dissonance, rhythms, and melodic structure. Though your piece is quite interesting, and is intense, it brings to mind more of a James Bond spy feel rather than a dark, gory, killing fest which it seems like this listing was requesting. Part of that is the lead melody and the sound selection for the lead.I’m sure you can find a home for this track though. It’s a good piece! Aub

nknjmes
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Listing for Movie Trailer

Post by nknjmes » Wed May 23, 2007 10:19 am

Aub,Good points. Thanks for the compliment too.