Read and tell me if it cant be done

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

djemboy2

Read and tell me if it cant be done

Post by djemboy2 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:07 am

Hello Everybodymy names michael and im an alcah.......ooops wrong forum seriously tho i had a Eureeka moment last night, i thought about the problems that i have had trying to get people to feel the flow that lyricists and songwriter create, and so many time i know that in my head, with a drum machine(ok its my housemate who wont stop fingerdrumming), So i thiought about how a song is written, and the melody is determined by note pitches and lengths, and so are the words, they have note pitch and length, other wise youd end up sounding like christina aguilera, Now i'm wondering if it wouldnt be a very good idea if the forum recognized notation fonts, if it did a simple stave/note generator could surley be implemented into the code(if thats what its called now)so that a button could be clicked and it would bring up a seperate window, where, not only the lyrics could be typed but notes could be placed, this would enable those who can read music and understand note lengths to get a better idea of hopw the song flows, rather than spend lots of time influencing(potentially unnecessary)changes, well thats my ideaMichael

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Read and tell me if it cant be done

Post by Casey H » Wed May 10, 2006 6:44 am

Quote:Hello Everybodymy names michael and im an alcah.......ooops wrong forum seriously tho i had a Eureeka moment last night, i thought about the problems that i have had trying to get people to feel the flow that lyricists and songwriter create, and so many time i know that in my head, with a drum machine(ok its my housemate who wont stop fingerdrumming), So i thiought about how a song is written, and the melody is determined by note pitches and lengths, and so are the words, they have note pitch and length, other wise youd end up sounding like christina aguilera, Now i'm wondering if it wouldnt be a very good idea if the forum recognized notation fonts, if it did a simple stave/note generator could surley be implemented into the code(if thats what its called now)so that a button could be clicked and it would bring up a seperate window, where, not only the lyrics could be typed but notes could be placed, this would enable those who can read music and understand note lengths to get a better idea of hopw the song flows, rather than spend lots of time influencing(potentially unnecessary)changes, well thats my ideaMichaelHey! You stole my joke!! http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?a ... 821&page=1 Casey

og
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Read and tell me if it cant be done

Post by og » Wed May 10, 2006 12:33 pm

Read? Music? Funny stuff, dude.