2 Forwards for me!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

2 Forwards for me!

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 am

Hey, I finally got some forwards! They were forwarded for the National Anthem listing. The links are:God Save Ireland (Ireland National Anthem)http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 5&stream=1 and: The Star Spangled Bannerhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=62325&stream=1Hope this link worksCharlie

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: 2 Forwards for me!

Post by hummingbird » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:55 am

Quote:Hey, I finally got some forwards! They were forwarded for the National Anthem listing. The links are:God Save Ireland (Ireland National Anthem)http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 5&stream=1 and: The Star Spangled Bannerhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=62325&stream=1Hope this link worksCharlieCongrats Charlie!!! I thought your arrangements were great, and I'm glad to hear you got the Forward!! (Me too!!)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:06 am

All right on the forwards!Charlie

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Congrats on the forwards!I was going to try for this one but just was not sure. I really liked your banner rendition.Could imagine one of those announcer guys reading some American history stuff on top of it.It was really touching, and reflective, IMHO.Super Job, piano sound was great! 77

michaeldean
Active
Active

Post by michaeldean » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:02 pm

Charlie,Congratulations!I really enjoyed listening to these tunes. I really love the pensive/meditative mood on both. It's funny how easy it is to overlook how beautiful most national anthems are, because we almost always hear them played in that uptempo, proud, chest thumping manner. Simple & elegant. Nice work!
"Do or do not. There is no 'try'" - Yoda

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:15 am

Charlie,Beautiful voicing. The piano's gorgeous and the arrangements are poignant. All y'all did a wonderful job on your anthems. Just beautiful.I didn't know that was the Irish National Anthem (and shame on me, considering my heritage). I thought it was the hymn "Jesus loves the little children of the world" (that's the hook, don't know the title). I learn something new here every day.Well DONE.

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:28 am

Thanks for listening. I appreciate the kind words. The piano is the Full Grand patch from my Yamaha Motif ES6 run through the Vintage Channel plug-in in Sonar6 PE.I was inspired by watching Ken Burn's The War and really love how they use a solo piano playing some song like You Are My Sunshine really slow and deliberately...it creates a whole new interpretation and emotion of the song. You should try it!charlie

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:55 am

Charlie,excellent renditions, beautiful playing!I do think these deserve a more realistic piano sound though (since you recently asked me about this subject ), so if you intend to do more solo piano stuff in the future (and you should, as this is eminently useable material) I would definitely consider upgrading.The richness and depth you'll get from a top of the line piano sample library will be well worth the relatively modest investment...matto

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:43 am

Hey Matto...thanks. I agree about the piano. I was handed a friends cd that he did with the C7 samp;e for Giga...it was awesome. I just came back a few hours ago from the AES show in NYC, and was blown away by te the new Giga G4, plus some of the other new instruments that are coming out. Definitely in need of an upgrade!thanks again.Charlie