Got two forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stevenprichards
Active
Active

Got two forwards

Post by stevenprichards » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:32 pm

Hey everybody. I have been a member for about 4 months and have gotten a lot of returns, but I just got two forwards for the following listing: Commercial-sounding/Top-40 type POP, ROCK, and SOUL/R&B SONGS (with vocals) that sound like they came from the 1980s are needed by the Music Supervisor of a cable TV 4-hour mini series about a notorious serial killer. This music supervisor just recently placed 5 TAXI songs in his latest project (a modern day Western feature film). For this project, he needs songs that will be used as source cues (songs coming from the TV, the radio, etc. in numerous scenes) that reflect the time period of the mini series, so think songs that sound like they could have been a Top 40 radio hit in the decade of the 1980s - a la Duran Duran, Cindy Lauper, Bruce Springsteen, the Police, Eurythmics, Def Leppard, Journey, Loverboy, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Tina Turner, Rick James, etc, etc. Great performances - especially vocally - are needed. Your songs must authentically sound like they came directly from the 1980s. They have about $200 for each license fee + your performance royalties (this cable channel repeats their movies quite often, so perf. royalties can be quite good). Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissions have been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 2:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (California time), Friday, Sept. 28, 2007. TAXI # D070928ETYou can hear the songs on my myspace site at www.myspace.com/stevenprichards . They are HIDE YOUR EYES and MAKE A BIG SPLASH. I also had one of my other songs THIS IS WAR forwarded a while back, but that was before I found this forum.I also want to thank all the regular contributors who constantly respond and provide great feedback. I am learning that every little bit of information is helpful when you are trying to market your songs. I plan on jumping in more. As a lawyer, hopefully I can help out with some of the legal quesitons. Take care.Steven Richards

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Got two forwards

Post by ncc1701 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi, Steven. Really nice work! I hope you aren't deluged by requests for legal advice.I sent you a friend request on MySpace.Kathleen

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey Stephen - congrats on the forwards. I can see why you got the forwards - good songwriting there, and good vocals/production. Sent you an add request, too warmlyHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:16 pm

Yeh Forwards and more Forwards!! Congrats!77