What the Heck!!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: What the Heck!!!

Post by nycoach » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:20 am

It's pretty amazing that Michael took that time to listen to things in the way that he did. The funny thing is, I've also been feeling a bit disappointed as of late, but I'm getting more forwards lately than returns, and considering how much time I've put in as a touring musician in this crazy biz, I have to keep reminding myself how patient you need to be. It's hard to remember, but if you truly love what you are doing, and you truly have faith in it, all that's left is the hope, and Taxi, if nothing else, has to give you more of that!

oneleft
Active
Active

Post by oneleft » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Al,I've read your post and listened to all your music and I like the music but not so much the post A little story. Several years ago I was working at a place where one of the guys was an "ex" flute player, apparently very talented. This guy had just missed some big time jobs, New York Philharmonic, places like that. He had made final tryouts to several and never made it in. It had made him so bitter that he didn't play anymore and refused to play in lesser know orchestra's because, as he put it, "they suck". I can't imagine that kind of disappointment in something that brings such joy. It's alien to me. I'm perfectly happy sitting on the end of my bed making up songs, in fact I never play live because I don't like it but I like the writing and recording. I don't promote it beyond sending out some CD's to radio stations on occassion, but some modest success has come to me anyway. That's nice but, in the end, I don't care, I'm happy with what it is. I came to Taxi because it's an interesting concept and thought I'd give it a go but I always come back to the bed and it puts a smile on my face. That's always enough.I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really hope the frustration in your post doesn't translate to any lasting bitterness or reduces the joy in your art. That would be sad. Rickwww.oneleft.com

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Hey read your post, and checked out your tunes. I have to agree with another poster in that some of the tracks could benefit from some additional instruments and rhythm backing. But B4 you put all your gear on ebay and curse the day you started doing music... For some strange reason it seems life will put you thru all sorts of crazy stuff b4 you get to the good stuff. For example I checked out George Lucas's story (Stars Wars Guy) He had so many problems and set backs and at one point was going to can the whole film. Nothing would go right. But in hindsight, if had given up, the world would have missed out on something special, and him on countless millions . If anyone on taxi has a "right" to rant, it should be me. Chek out my resume (www.taxi.com/lkeys) , It would appear I really should not be here, but you never know what life is going to throw at you. If your music is great and you have a great attitude, you cannot help but succeed.My 2 cents, keep writing, keep at it, something will crack for you eventually. There is a wealth of info on the boards, and tons of Taxians that are willing to help you succeed. I know first hand that not many people are willing to help you do something that could possibly cost them a gig in the future. Take advantage of this community and shape your craft. Things will turn around! 77