2 More Returns!!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: 2 More Returns!!!

Post by mazz » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Quote:Yeah, I know. But I'm getting more returns than forwards these days, and wanted a celebratory excuse to unlock the liquor cabinet.So, YAY ME!!!(hope everyone is having a nice weekend.)You lock your liquor cabinet? I try to take a Zin approach to the whole thing....."Honey, let's open another bottle of Zin!!" Write, submit, repeat!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

sevenharkey

Post by sevenharkey » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Write, Submit, Repeat. I love that. Now that everyone has emptied my stash, I've got to make a run to Binny's. Be right back. Make yourselves at home.

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:36 am

Oh, I feel your pain, dispatch is kicking my a$$! I have yet to get a forward to a dispatch listing)-; five attempts, five returns. Ouch! But on the bright side, I’m 6 for 10 on other listings. It ain’t easy!
-- Marc Blackwell

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:06 am

Quote:I try to take a Zin approach to the whole thing....."Honey, let's open another bottle of Zin!!" I feel a book deal in the making:"The Zin of Music Career Maintenance" -Allen

sevenharkey

Post by sevenharkey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:56 am

The Seven Deadly Zins... BAND NAME!!

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Post by clonsberry » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:21 am

Three submissions up.. and three submissions down! It's official. I should stay away from electronic music Thought I had it nailed. Lopped off my extensive intros to make nice clean starts. Cut the fluff off the ends. Upbeat, energetic stuff. Screener didn't like my choice of instruments and the mixes left something to be desires. mostly instruments. Not that I'm disputing the screener. But that noise you may have heard was the sound of 3 new tracks tossed onto the rejection pile.As my wife so supportively put it, "that's three more no's closer to a yes"

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:31 pm

Quote:Three submissions up.. and three submissions down! It's official. I should stay away from electronic music Thought I had it nailed. Lopped off my extensive intros to make nice clean starts. Cut the fluff off the ends. Upbeat, energetic stuff. Screener didn't like my choice of instruments and the mixes left something to be desires. mostly instruments. Not that I'm disputing the screener. But that noise you may have heard was the sound of 3 new tracks tossed onto the rejection pile.As my wife so supportively put it, "that's three more no's closer to a yes" I had the same comments on my two submissions. Drums too far back... clarinet doesn't sound right... mixes are not masters. But I am not throwing my 2 pieces in the trash. I'm going to replace the clarinet with something else, work on the percussion track, and work on the mixes & then submit again. And I'll keep doing that until I get over the fence. I encourage you to do the same. If you need help on what to do, post 'em up here and let us give you some ideas. And listen to your lovely wife cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website