I got a Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

I got a Forward!

Post by amos » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:35 pm

Wow,I got a forward for:The Music Supervisor for an Independent feature-length Documentary about excelling in life no matter what you do (it follows the 2007 National Grocery Bagging competition held in Las Vegas) now also needs UPTEMPO SOLO ACOUSTIC GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS along the lines of Leo Kottke, John Hiatt, and T-Bone Burnett (she’s also running D070918IN - more Indie Pop than this listing - so if you’ve already submitted to that listing, there’s no need to submit the same song to this one). She needs very simple/sparse arrangements - just solo acoustic guitar is preferred, but perhaps 2-3 instruments (at the most) may work as well. But KEEP IT SIMPLE. And she’s just not seeking backing tracks - she wants instrumentals with distinct melody lines. Your tracks should be in the 1:00 - 4:00 minute range. The film’s Music Consultant will come in to screen your submissions herself. This Music Scoring/Supervision company has worked on projects produced by 20th Century Fox, DreamWorks, Pixar, LucasFilm, Sony Picture Classics, TriMark + many others). Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissions have been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 3:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time (California time), Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2007. TAXI # D070919AChttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=59983&stream=1I'm really, really psyched, because it says that the Music Supervisor came in and listened to it herself, and I guess, actually liked it.Woohoo!

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Re: I got a Forward!

Post by clonsberry » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:32 pm

ACK!! How'd I miss this one? Probably too busy scrambling to do stuff that's outside my comfort zone to see one for.. you know.. the exact thing I've been doing for 12 years. Doh!Ah.. well.. I celebrate in your victory. Big congratulations! I listened to the track and the forward was well deserved.

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:04 am

Quote:Woohoo!Woohoo back at ya' bro! I listened to your sample and I'm a real fan. There's an unmistakable sincere vibe there. Very sweet!It's very encouraging to see artists succeed without a big production: just great talent and a guitar. Thanks for the uplift! Congrats!Allen

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Sometimes, you miss a lot of fowards around here, but I guess that's a good thing, 'coz it means there are a lot! Congrats to Amos (and Adriane too) for their new found success!

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:42 am

Ditto here too. What a lovely simple arrangement. Those really can be the best. Heartfelt. Congrats!

rcase
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rcase » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:44 am

Exciting stuff Amos! I hope you land the placement as well. Rob
"Financial success as a songwriter requires 3 things: One, craft. Two, volume. Three, time." - Vikki Flawith

lsp
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lsp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:13 am

Amos,Listened to your work. Very nice. Very Kottke-esque.Congratulations.Ed

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by amos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:23 am

Thanks everybody! I hope something becomes of it.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:06 am

Ahhhhh.............a breath of fresh air here in sample-ville! Nice work and congrats on the forward. More of this!! More of this!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

adrianne76
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by adrianne76 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:17 am

Nice work! That is awesome news! (And who'da thunk there was a National Grocery Bagging Competition???)