Got The Junk!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Got The Junk!

Post by billg » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:31 am

Ok, Mazz might have the funk but I've got the junk! My little Sugarjones ditty was forwarded again so it's batting 1000 . . . two submissions & two forwards. Also I was forwarded again for Midnight Train (remember the song with one chord & no changes?), it's now 3 for 3! Funny thing is both of these style wise are such a narrow "niche" that I never really thought there would be many opps for them. Go figure . . .billg

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Got The Junk!

Post by mazz » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:41 am

Congrats!I guess it's good you have those pieces in your catalog! One man's junk........ Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:43 am

Quote:Ok, Mazz might have the funk but I've got the junk! My little Sugarjones ditty was forwarded again so it's batting 1000 . . . two submissions & two forwards. Also I was forwarded again for Midnight Train (remember the song with one chord & no changes?), it's now 3 for 3! Funny thing is both of these style wise are such a narrow "niche" that I never really thought there would be many opps for them. Go figure . . .billgWhoo Hoo again! You know how I feel about those tunes!Congrats.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:54 pm

Way ta go, bill!! Congratulations. GREAT forwarding ratio, can anyone ask for more (besides a deal, I mean)!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:44 am

Casey

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:30 am

Good stuff, Bill!

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:22 am

Thanks all! yeah, since mid May I'm batting 11 for 30 . . . I never expected to have a forward ratio that high. I accidently lied to you guys though. I was just tallying things in my submission history & noticed that midnight train was returned once so it's actually 3 for 4. Oh well . . . at least I'm able to block out the bad & remember the good. Drinking taught me that trick! -billg-