A couple more songs forwarded

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: A couple more songs forwarded

Post by Casey H » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:40 am

Quote:...I agree that you need to write more songs, but I'm not sure that taking a break from Taxi is the right way to go about it. As a Taxi member you have access to constant professional feedback as you grow your catalog, and motivation in the form of the listings to keep you going. This can be very helpful.FWIW... Squid: Did you mean a break from TAXI or from the boards? Casey

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:02 am

Oh. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. Just take a break from the boards and do more writing. Gotta build that catalog, right? It's tempting to just hang around, listening to everyone else's chops. Like I said, it's also a little intimidating so I'd better hit the bricks and get some work done! Right? You guys make me think it might be worth trying to stay on this path.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:07 am

Quote:Wait, I have to yell too...Quote:I won't get a deal but the forward is nice. NOW WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GO AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!! <please note that my foot has just swiftly connected with your butt> None of that! You are very good and the forwards are definitely deserved and a sign that you ARE capable of getting the deal for any one of those listings you've been forwarded for. Ok, done reprimanding. Congratulations LOL, KG.....I have to agree with you....What the HECK is Squid thinking? Congrats, Nita. As usual, amazing stuff and very worthy of the foward! BTW, I owe some folks e-mails and PMs....I'm in a hurry today, but I will return them ASAP.

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:43 pm

I know I told you before that I love your voice and I am saying it again. I am serious when I say you NEED to keep working in music Nita. I have my own talents which use to include my voice but I let it go about 10 years ago. So now if I want to get back into singing (a band wants me to join them which I might, I haven't decided yet) It is almost like starting over because my vocal muscles are all out of shape. DO NOT do this to yourself. You have such a lovely voice and a real talent. It would be such a crime if you ever gave up or didn't keep 100% ambition for making music. Everyone here agrees that you are awesome and I am right in on that bandwagon.... I said "Band-wagon" /giggleIn Forest Gumps owns words, "That's all I have to say about that!"Rob
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:26 am

Quote:It would be such a crime if you ever gave upActually a felony in this case... and make no mistake, we will send Officer Matto out for an arrest if it comes to that.

dabresk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dabresk » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:58 pm

I gotta chime in here. Look squidster, you got the instrument and the chops. So many vocalists can't make the mind mouth connection like you can. In my days as a band leader in a show band, I auditioned hundreds of vocalists that INSISTED that they could "sing". Well, there's singing and theres......you know what.I can sing. But I can't sing like I play. And I don;t think that I can play as well as most of the folks here. So, I consider it a challenge.You smoke girl! Just love your stuff.I will leave you with a quote from my piano professor in college (oh so many years ago...)"Strive for perfection, but never achieve it".The forwards are great! Consider it a great sign that you know what the heck you are doing. And keep on perfecting it.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:08 pm

Quote:I know I told you before that I love your voice and I am saying it again. I am serious when I say you NEED to keep working in music Nita. I have my own talents which use to include my voice but I let it go about 10 years ago. So now if I want to get back into singing (a band wants me to join them which I might, I haven't decided yet) It is almost like starting over because my vocal muscles are all out of shape. DO NOT do this to yourself. You have such a lovely voice and a real talent. It would be such a crime if you ever gave up or didn't keep 100% ambition for making music. Everyone here agrees that you are awesome and I am right in on that bandwagon.... I said "Band-wagon" /giggleIn Forest Gumps owns words, "That's all I have to say about that!"RobI shouldn't be here, I should be working so shame on me but had to pop in to answer you and everyone else again and say thank you all so much.Rob, I think you know I quit music for about 8 years, right? Not a note. I didn't sing anything or play a single instrument. It all came back and a lot faster than I'd planned. Apparently, our talent doesn't lie fallow like we would assume.I recommend a voice program you can order online called Vocal Release. His voice is awful (go figure) but he uses both commercial and classical singing exercises that will help get the rust out pretty quick. Especially good for breath support (something I really have to work on, with pretty bad asthma since chemo and living in a hostile environment ). Anyway, it's not expensive, about $30 or so and you can download it online. I don't recall the site straightaway but you can google it. It takes practice getting the chops back but believe me, they come back fast.Good luck and I'm really glad you're going back to singing. And Dave, no worries, swee'pea. Your threat has me appropriately cowed and bent over the keyboard. Or, in chits case, over my mp3 player. Thank you all so much. Back to work! (strutting off determinedly)