www.SidusMusic.com

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sidus

www.SidusMusic.com

Post by sidus » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:07 pm

Hi There,I got a whole slew of lyrics for you folks.Check it out if you have a few minutes.We appreciate your feedback!www.SidusMusic.comThanks! Sidus
Sidus

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Re: www.SidusMusic.com

Post by 53mph » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:22 am

I don't speak for everyone here but I'd prefer it if you just printed the lyrics you wanted a crit of/help with. You've got about 15 song lyrics there, which do you want some feedback of If you're happy with all the lyrics then you don't need strangers on a messageboard patting you on the back. I personally only post the lyrics that I feel needs some work. I had a look at 2 of the songs. 'Ugly on the inside' was the one I prefered (written down), reminded me of Fugazi or Helmut. [youth comes flooding back ]I'm at work at the mo so can't listen to the music, but I'll get back to you when I do.I think you can tell from the posts there are here that not many people are replying to lyrics at the mo, so it's probably best to post one set of lyrics at a time.As I said...I speak for myself, not everyone.

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Re: www.SidusMusic.com

Post by 53mph » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:55 pm

Hi,I had a listen to some tracks. I can't believe you guys are American. The singer sounds soooo English.Your sound is very reminiscent of early New Order and perhaps Morrisey. I know that kind of singing style is coming back in but to hear it from an American sound odd to me.Ok, that said.I liked the style. As I said, very retro - which currently is very current (if retro can be current ), hell Franz F. the Strokes et al are basically rehashing the 80's - 90's.Some issues though. The drums need some work. They sound a bit off time and this throws the rest of the sound. The bass sound is all rummble and no definition...some timing issues with the bass too, it's a bit behind the other instruments. Some of the intros seem over long. I guess you're going for that Strokes feel but it doesn't work for me.The singers voice is good and tonely captured well in those clips but the other instruments could definately use some work. For me the singers voice sells the songs. But the instrumentation could do with lots and lots of practise until you're all tight as a ducks arse. At the mo it's a bit saggy.If you guys could hook up with a Producer then I think you could hone your sound into something really interesting.Hope you don't take offence to any of this...it's only music Good luck.