Zero To Sexy

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobbyjoe

Zero To Sexy

Post by bobbyjoe » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:43 pm

Nits and crits wanted to help me finish this one up. Thanks for reading. "Zero to Sexy"(©2005 Bob Beckley)I met her one night out on Route Sixty-NineHer cherry red Vette pulled up right next to mineRadio blastin' out "Johnny B. Goode"Four hundred horses dancin' under the hoodI shot her a glance when the light turned greenShe fired one back, tires startin' to scream1st Chorus:She went from zero to sexy in the wink of an eyeI thought I was fast, but, man, she could flyIt was all over when she hit overdriveShe went from zero to sexy in the wink of an eyeTwenty miles later at the Two Step SaloonShe was kicked back when I walked in the roomSippin' on whiskey while the band played a songShe smiled at me and said "what took you so long"I gave her a wink and said "let's go somewhere"She said: "don't lead me on, I'm already there"Repeat 1st ChorusBridge:Fifteen years later and she hasn't slowed downWe stay at home, but we still go to town2nd Chorus:She goes from zero to sexy in the wink of an eyeI thought I was fast, but, man, she can flyIt's all over when she hits overdriveShe goes from zero to sexy in the wink of an eye

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Zero To Sexy

Post by augustheat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:26 pm

bobby joe:Pretty cool! I like the innuendo in the first verse. There is one line that threw me off the flow, though..."We stay at home, but we still go to town..."I think I see where you're going, but it stops shy of taking me there. I would like to see this bridge go deeper into where they are today. Here it is 15 years later...they're married, maybe a couple of kids, etc. All that, and they're still in love after all this time. They even go out on "dates," or out for drinks once in a while. Maybe I have this all wrong, but that's where I went with it. Nice job!Blessings,
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Zero To Sexy

Post by 53mph » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:46 am

Great song. Reads well. I'd love to hear it recorded. It's got a good pace when reading...kind of 'jiggy, jiggy', if you know what I mean. I've got "Curb-side Prophet" by Jason Mraz in mind when I read this.My 2 cents."Fifteen years later and she hasn't slowed downEven when we're at home, she still goes to town.""We stay at home.." throws the rhythm."We still go to town.." up till this point the song has been about how much cooler she is compared to you. Personally I think it would be better to keep that trend through-out.