Another forward, good critique

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dabresk
Impressive
Impressive

Another forward, good critique

Post by dabresk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:05 pm

An East Coast Production Music Library/Publisher that has signed tons of TAXI songs is once again looking for master quality ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS for use in corporate videos, TV, film, radio, and commercial productions. Any kind of orchestral/symphonic pieces in the vein of current movie/TV score technique is welcome. Please submit one to three pieces online or per CD; 60 sec. to 4 min. is the recommended length for this pitch. They offer a very fair exclusive deal with a 5-year reversion clause.All 8's on this except for production, which I agree with (and the comments). I used Reason and an Alesis QS8 on this piece. I have since moved to EWQL Silver and Cubase and the difference is remarkable. The screener wrote:"excellent writing and programming skills! Great job. I will gladly forward this track. As a suggestion I want to recommend investing in a better orchestral library, like VSL or Sonic Implants. Those would make your music sparkle even more."I am happy that this was forwarded, but I am even happier that I am growing in my writing skills and equipment. That is a direct result of being a member of these forums.Thanks!The tune is "Frontiers":http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Another forward, good critique

Post by spariam » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:04 am

That's a great sounding piece (I agree, excellent writing and programming skills). I started with Reason as well (and in my case, a Yamaha keyboard).I also upgraded to Cubase SX and EWQL Silver (then later Silver XP and Gold). Though my background is classical, I don't do a lot of classical music, but I did submit to this listing as well and got a forward (I'll try to post a link when I get time). Nice job, Bresky, I can't wait to hear what you do with EWQL.