Goodwill Coat mp3 demo

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Goodwill Coat mp3 demo

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:59 am

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... 31939There were clothes and pans and paintings, all with yellow tags And I found an old Navy peacoat on the clearance rack The collar it was threadbare and it's seems were coming apart But deep in it's pocket, I found an old purple heart I paid my four dollars, then I asked the clerk Who donated that weathered coat, if he knew where they were He handed me an address, said I might find someone there Just touching that sacred medal, I knew I wasn't fit to wear (chorus) That Goodwill coat made of time and wool faded midnight blue, missing a button or twoStill inside, the courage and a soul Like it was sewn in to the lining of that Goodwill coat Well I finally found that sailor at the Desert-view nursing home Trapped inside a wheelchair there was Corpsman William Jones He was staring in the distance in a room with empty walls But his blue eyes started smiling when he looked up and saw That Goodwill coat made of time and wool faded midnight blue, missing a button or twoStill inside, the courage and a soul Like it was sewn in to the lining of that Goodwill coat (bridge) He took that coat and then the medal and felt them with his hands And (he) began to tell me stories of war on distant sands I went back to that thrift store and paid two dollars more For a large oil painting of a western shore I hung it on the wall beside that old sailor's bed So he could sit there watching that ocean view sunset That Goodwill coat made of time and wool faded midnight blue, missing a button or twoStill inside, the courage and a soul Like it was sewn in to the lining of that Goodwill coat (tag) There were clothes and pans and paintings all with yellow tags And I found an old Navy peacoat on the clearance rack George/ Bohn c 2005

persistence

Re: Goodwill Coat mp3 demo

Post by persistence » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:44 pm

excellent. good job.

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by couchgrouch » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:30 am

thanks persistence.

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by couchgrouch » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:10 am

I just heard from my co-write that this placed in the top 15 in the CMT/NSAI song contest. those top songs will be posted to CMT's website March 1st so the public can vote on their favorite tune.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:37 am

Congrats. Let me know when it is out and I'll vote for it.Nomi

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by couchgrouch » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:03 pm

hey folks, the vote is on at CMT and this grassroots poor boy could really use your support. (that is, if you're not already wearing it). here's the link: http://www.cmt.com/asm/contests/nsai/cm ... vote.jhtml

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:04 am

Hey bud! I listened to every song on there and I have no doubt yours is, by far, the best one on the list. Great work! Great song! You got my vote for That Goodwill Coat.Best of luck!

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:05 pm

You got my vote. Good luck.

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:56 am

thanks folks.