I've Got a Lot Riding on This

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

I've Got a Lot Riding on This

Post by couchgrouch » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:16 pm

I've Got a Lot Riding on ThisWe had a dusty old Harleysitting in our garageback then we never rode itcos our charge cards were in chargeI was always workin'riding debt's lonely wheelswhen she'd wanna go out dancin'I'd tell her of some dealand say, "I've got a lot riding on thisall my dreams and my lifesome things I just can't missif I'm gonna survivelife can go from bad to worseso Baby it's first things firstI've got a lot riding on this"this broker gave me hot tipson some dotcom stockit seemed just what I neededto get my neck from hockmy back against Wall Streetthere was no way to back outmy wife'd give me back rubsbut I'd say, "Honey, not nowI've got a lot riding on thisall my dreams and my lifesome things I just can't missif I'm gonna survivelife can go from bad to worseso Baby it's first things firstI've got a lot riding on this"I lost it all but all wasn't lostcos now we live with a vengeanceshe kissed me as we hopped on that bike,and when we tore off in the nightI looked down at that engineand said, "I've got a lot riding on thisall my dreams and my lifesome things I just can't missif I'm gonna survivelife can go from bad to worsefrom now on it's first things firstI've got a lot riding on this"(c)2004 Robert George

gongchime
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: I've Got a Lot Riding on This

Post by gongchime » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:12 am

Bitchin title! Makes me wanna read it right away. Then the motorcycle references really grab em by the throat. The line I'd tell her of some deal seams like filler. You can probably do better. I also flinch at "no way to back out." Not because its a bad line but because you already used back in a such a magnificent way with the word Wall as in Wall Street cool...I can see the video. The imagery is very vivid. Hope something comes of this for you. Greg Gongchime

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: I've Got a Lot Riding on This

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:45 am

thanks GC. those two "back" lines are meant as a play turn of phrase. I may drop the 3rd use of back in the next line. in the first vs the deal line should flow into the chorus:when she'd wanna go out dancin'I'd tell her of some dealand say, "I've got a lot riding on this...