The First Time I Met Honky-Tonk

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

The First Time I Met Honky-Tonk

Post by couchgrouch » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:27 pm

The First Time I Met Honky-TonkYou coulda heard a pin drop in the corner boothwhen I walked in wearing a pin-stripe suitI'd always thought I was too classy for honky-tonksbut my haunted heart lured me from my usual hauntswhen I heard her voice...it was rough around the edgesfrom too much Hiram Walker and Benson and Hedgesbut her wise words somehow stuck in my headand kept me comp'ny when I was stuck alone in my bedand the first time I met Honky-Tonkshe found the lonely man withinand helped me get over my problemsby getting under my skinnow and then I still think of,those loose rhythms and restless lovethe first time I met honky-tonkI was sitting alone in a Super 8half pint of rum helping me recuperatethe night dripped slow like that joint's leaky showercos my sweetheart left when my business went sourmy bed passed on the nightmares of all in that roomso I tossed my pint in the pool and hit a saloonher songs hung blue and ghostly like smoke from a Lucky Strikeafter all those years her kisses still felt likethe first time I met Honky-Tonkshe found the lonely man withinand helped me get over my problemsby getting under my skinnow and then I still think of,those loose rhythms and restless lovethe first time I met honky-tonk(c)2004 Robert George