Loss Gives New Meaning to Life

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Loss Gives New Meaning to Life

Post by couchgrouch » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:26 am

Loss Gives New Meaning to LifeI pulled back into town in my old Ford Pinto"wash me" written on the dusty rear windowit was hard cos after he treated me so badthere was just one reason to see my dadloss gives new meaning to lifeloss gives new meaning to lifehe drank straight rye till he couldn't see straightso mama was my real dad since I was eightwhen I left I thought she'd pack up and pack it inbut with me gone her mother's heart took care of himcos loss gives new meaning to lifeloss gives new meaning to lifesome love needs a reason to surviveand loss gives new meaning to lifethey put that box in the ground,dark, mournful clouds hung downas black as raven's featherswhen we stood at mama's grave,it had been too many dayssince dad and I'd been togetherthen cold rain fell and washed the dust from my carour tears on mama's stone healed up old scarscos what's written in stone is meant to staybut what's past is written in dust and can be washed awayand loss gives new meaning to lifeloss gives new meaning to lifesome love needs a reason to surviveand loss gives new meaning to life(c)2004 Robert George