Love Follows a Winding Path

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Love Follows a Winding Path

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:42 am

Love Follows a Winding PathFriends said we wouldn't last too longcos she hated my boots and hatshe was city, I was countryI claimed I hated her old catbut there are times when two peopleare drawn by how diff'rent they areif time has a place called foreverI knew love would take us that farwe used to tease each other and laughhow love follows a winding pathI still remember the eveningwe both thought it was the endI put on my boots and Stetsonand followed our dreams in the windwe were both stubborn and pridefulI didn't speak, she didn't crythe only thing we agreed onsilence is the saddest goodbyehappiness comes and goes just as fastyeah, love follows a winding pathlove follows a winding pathI got a call late one night,she said her old cat had diedI dropped the phone and drove there right awaythough she had a tear in her eye,I was the first one to crywe held each other till the break of daysometimes it takes loss to show us what we havecos love follows a winding pathlove follows a winding pathlove follows a winding path(c)2004 Robert George