I Wouldn't Want to Die There

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

I Wouldn't Want to Die There

Post by couchgrouch » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:51 am

I Wouldn't Want to Die ThereThey found Jim in that bar's shadowsglazed eyes watching his glass of wineI guess toasting times that were betterkilled him long before his timehe drank to forget all he gave herhe knew he'd never give it uphis sad life wore a mask of laughterand bars are where you can live it upbut I wouldn't wanna die thereI wouldn't wanna die thereJoe's children drove him to a rest homethat was convenient and cheaphe asked them why he needed restingright before he went to sleephis room reached for life with homey touchesknick-knacks and photos of his wifenurses fed him...he lived in comfortit was a soft way to survive but I wouldn't wanna die thereI wouldn't wanna die thereI often long to steal awaysomewhere far from todayto a diff'rent life, another landthat's better than where I amand like all men, I dream now and thenbut I wouldn't wanna die theredying young or old and feebleare the only choices we haveand quiet places of the spiritare where we learn to love and laughsome say nothing's like the friendshipand freedom of the open milebut I'll always make my way homewardcos the road beats walls for awhilebut I wouldn't wanna die thereI wouldn't wanna die thereI often long to steal awaysomewhere far from todaya diff'rent life, another landthat's better than where I amand like all men, I dream now and thenbut I wouldn't wanna die there(c)2004 Robert George