I Grew Up With Those Guys

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

I Grew Up With Those Guys

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:11 am

I Grew Up With Those GuysI ran into some high school friends of minewe hit a bar and toasted wilder timesthough I'd settled down with a lovely wifefor a while it felt good to relive my old lifethe more we talked I saw time is a thiefand through the laughter it was hard to believeI grew up with those guysLord, we had some crazy yearsbroke alotta cheerleaders' heartscrushed lotsa empty cans of beerwe had the power of young lions,never thought about true love or dyin'or how youth slowly disappearsyeah, I grew up with those guyswe joked about making bongs in metal shopstreaking through football games, outrunning copswhen I got up to go they asked me to stay till dawnplay chicken at the tracks, tear up our old teacher's lawnI saw they liked old tales of things they'd donecos since then they'd never lived better onesI grew up with those guysLord, we had some crazy yearsbroke alotta cheerleaders' heartscrushed lotsa empty cans of beerwe had the power of young lions,never thought about true love or dyin'or how youth slowly disappearsyeah, I grew up with those guysI said though I loved sharing those memoriesI was married with responsibilitiesthey told me I wasn't the guy they once knewthat night when I kissed my wife I was glad it's trueI talked with her in bed about times that werehow I grew up with them but wanna grow old with heryeah, I grew up with those guysLord, we had some crazy yearsbroke alotta cheerleaders' heartscrushed lotsa empty cans of beerwe had the power of young lions,never thought about true love or dyin'or how youth slowly disappearsyeah, I grew up with those guys(c)2004 Robert George