'Not In My Name'

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

evenstar

'Not In My Name'

Post by evenstar » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:26 pm

"Not In My Name" by Paul Crick Copyright 2004, All Rights Reserved[Verse 1]Just What was it you were thinking of as you ordered the attackSaddle up, we're going in. Rally to our flag A flag for your convenience, to feed your thirst for powerA flag to bring democracy, raised at zero hour.We're fighting for a country, we're fighting for your causeTo protect an ideology, are you certain 'cos we're not sure.But we'll turn to face the hell of war so that those back home do notSee our silent, screaming faces etched in close up shot.[Chorus] No, not in my name. This is not me.You are not blind. See what I seeNo, not in my name. This is not just.Not in my name. Dreams fade to dust.[Verse 2]Tell it to their mothers, as they cry themselves to sleep Tell it to their fathers, for the memories they keepFor their brothers and their sisters, who are numb but still aliveTell it to their children. Tell them why they died.Tell it to the wiseman, the villain and the foolTo the preacher and the teacher, to the kids who play at schoolExplain it on the TV, through your liars and the hacksPoint the finger anywhere. Get the monkey off your backs.[Chorus]No, not in my name. This is not me.You are not blind. See what I seeNot in my name. This is not just.No, not in my name. Dreams fade to dust.[Verse 3]When all of this is over, when all is won and lost,When nothing matters anymore, when it's time to count the cost,At the rising of the sun and the setting of the sameWe no longer see there's any point in apportioning the blameI pray and hope for judgement day, when we reap what we have sownForgive me for my weakness, for the failings that I ownFor my ignorance and silence while attending to my fears For sitting on my hands and shedding silent tears.[Chorus] No, not in my name. This is not me.You are not blind. See what I seeNot in my name. This is not just.No, not in my name. Dreams fade to dust.

kugeran

Re: 'Not In My Name'

Post by kugeran » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:27 am

Hello EvenstarI just want to say that the lyrics are great.Well written.All the bestJan PetterNorway

evenstar

Re: 'Not In My Name'

Post by evenstar » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:41 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence. This is the first one I've written since I was a teenager.Now for the music to go with it...