I Didn't Raise my Son to be a Soldier

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wscott

I Didn't Raise my Son to be a Soldier

Post by wscott » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:17 pm

I Didn't Raise My Son to be a SoldierTo many of our love ones have been sent to warAny many may never return home againSo many mother's hearts aches, about top breakFor their dear ones who died seeking W.M.D.'s in vainGone are the tomorrows, heads bowed in sorrowNothing but lonely yearsAnd a mother murmured these words through her tearsChorus[sung twice after each verse]Lord knows I didn't raise my son to be a solderI showered him with love because he's my pride and joyhow dare you put a rifle on his shoulderSo he can shoot and kill some other mother's baby boyWhen will Nations learn to talk out their troublesIn the name of God, put the weapons of destruction awaySay no to war starting todayLet mother's all over the world sayI didn't raise my son to be a soldierV2A Nation's victory doesn't cheer a mother's heartWhen her beloved child won't be coming homeWhere's the mother's victory that will bring him backAll that she love is gone, she's on her ownLet each mother answer in the years loudly beRemember that child belongs to me © 2004 GMPC All Rights Reserved