I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAY

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

restlesswriters

I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAY

Post by restlesswriters » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:15 pm

This is a "George Jones" Style song. I'm looking for a great melody for it, so if you're the writer with the skill I need, send me a email with a link to some samples of your work.Thanx,Stan Simonsrestlesswriters@earthlink.net--------------------------------------------------------------------I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAYCopyright 2004/Stan Simons ASCAP[V1]We sat in the courtroom, without much to sayThen we were single, and you went your own wayBut I noticed her eyes, as I held the doorAnd we were still chatting, at the ground floor[V2]So I asked her to lunch, she smiled and said yesThen mentioned that my ex, hadn't looked too distressedI told her that we'd, been a mistakeThat our best intentions, just never did take[Chorus]And, - I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAYWe signed the papers, then you went your own wayI know it seems fast, - but what can I say?- I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAY[V3]It just don't seem normal, I feel so damn good!Should feel sorry you're gone, - and I would if I couldBut your lawyer said, it had to be fate'Cause she met a good man, - and she even got paid![Chorus]And, - I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAYWe signed the papers, then you went your own wayI know it seems fast, - but what can I say?-I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAY[Tag]And I know it seems fast, but what can I say?'Cause, I MET A NEW FRIEND THROUGH AN OLD ONE TODAY