Be There

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Be There

Post by couchgrouch » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:05 am

Be ThereWe fell in love and said we'd be close foreverbut here we are...so close to falling apartit doesn't even feel like we're togetherwhen you hold me tight against your heartyou say you're always near, that you'll always carethen why can't I feel you...anywherewhen I ask you what's wrong, you sing the same old songand tell the same tired storybut I don't want your alibis, or to hear you apologizecos I don't need you to be sorryI need you to be thereI need you to be thereto be there for melove means having always someone to rely onwhen the going gets tough and your strength is goneso I wouldn't need a shoulder to cry onif you'd given me one I could lean onyou say you're always near, that you'll always carethen why can't I feel you...anywherewhen I ask you what's wrong, you sing the same old songand tell the same tired storybut I don't want your alibis, or to hear you apologizecos I don't need you to be sorryI need you to be thereI need you to be thereto be there for mewhen two rivers meet and start flowing as onethey seek the same sea for as long as they runso do you still share my horizon, cos if you don'tone morning you'll awaken and I won't...be thereyou say you're always near, that you'll always carethen why can't I feel you...anywherewhen I ask you what's wrong, you sing the same old songand tell the same tired storybut I don't want your alibis, or to hear you apologizecos I don't need you to be sorryI need you to be thereI need you to be thereto be there for me(c)2004 Robert George