Long Story Short

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Long Story Short

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:41 am

Long Story ShortI was a punkI always flunkedclasses as a kidI had no drive...just plain lazydrove my poor dad crazywith stuff I didhe'd drag me on the porchand give me hour lectureshe painted so many lessonsI never got the pictureI'd crack my knucklesnod my head and just feel boredI loved my dad but I wishedhe'd make his long story shortI finished a fight,at the pool hall one nightthe law got my dad on the phoneno charges were pressed,dad said he'd take care of the restwhen that sheriff brought me homesoon as the cop car leftthe sermon I heard that nighthurt worse than any punchI felt in that fight before I turned fifteenI'd heard it all beforeI knew dad cared I just wishedhe'd make his long story shortone night I stole a few quartsand found the keys to dad's old Fordwhen that sheriff pulled me overI was fifty miles past soberI was fulla false regret,cos I thought I'd getthe lecture of my lifebut all that lawman did,to this foolish kidwas take me on a drivehe stopped by a big oakthat was missing some barkhe showed me a cross 'neath the moonnear long black skidmarkswhat that sheriff showed memade me turn to the Lordcos that cross meant some kid's lifebecame a long story shortwhat that sheriff showed memade me turn to the Lordcos that cross meant some kid's lifebecame a long story short(c)2004 Robert George