The Man Who Dies With the Most Memories Wins

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

The Man Who Dies With the Most Memories Wins

Post by couchgrouch » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:34 pm

The Man Who Dies(With the Most Memories Wins)They tell me life is a racethat's just the rules of the gamefeet of clay go for the goldand the finish line is famebut it's not whether I'm richor if my name is well knowncontentment measures a manby experience he ownsfor where a hawk will rest, the comfort of his nestmeans less than where he's beenif time offers a prize, then the man who dieswith the most memories winsI've made love in burning sandsbid farewell on foreign docksI've thrown empty jugs of rumat the moon from mountain rocksright and wrong is black and whitebut life offers many huesit paints rainbows from the pastwith each new path we choosefor where a hawk will rest, the comfort of his nestmeans less than where he's beenif time offers a prize, then the man who dieswith the most memories winsthe man who dieswith the most memories winsraces against time will never be wonall walks of life fall in the long runbut I hope free and horizon boundis how I wind up when life winds downfor where a hawk will rest, the comfort of his nestmeans less than where he's beenif time offers a prize, then the man who dieswith the most memories winsthe man who dieswith the most memories wins(c)2004 Robert George