Where A Heart Can Fly (Country Lyric for Review)

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

katy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Where A Heart Can Fly (Country Lyric for Review)

Post by katy » Fri May 21, 2004 9:03 am

Okay, I'll be a guinea pig here. Do you think this is too goofy? Is it worth getting a composer to write to this? Any other comments?All comments greatly appreciated!WHERE A HEART CAN FLY Little boy out by a lake skippin' stones Saturday mornin' all alone No sign of worry on in his mind But in his heart where he keeps His feelings buried deep Here's what he's hopin' we'll find CHORUS A wish for all of us To work a little harder To try 'n fix the world he's livin' in A hope for all mankind To reach a little farther For all sides to begin givin' in Make a world where he won't need to hide A place WHERE A HEART CAN FLY There's a war goin' on in the evenin' news(And) a sniper's out there on the looseThe boy's afraid of his own fateA neighbor girl is somehow goneAmber alert is onWhile yellow ribbons awaitA wish for all of us To work a little harder To try 'n fix the world he's livin' in A hope for all mankind To reach a little farther For all sides to begin givin' in Make a world where he won't need to hide A place WHERE A HEART CAN FLY Bridge He says he’s gonna be an astronaut Bring a little piece of heaven back to Earth But until that day he can only pray We'll hear what's in his heart and put an end to all the hurtA wish for all of us To work a little harder To try 'n fix the world he's livin' in A hope for all mankind To reach a little farther For all sides to begin givin' in Make a world where he won't need to hide A place WHERE A HEART CAN FLY(c) 2004 Katy Powers All rights reserved.

bobc
Active
Active

Re: Where A Heart Can Fly (Country Lyric for Revie

Post by bobc » Fri May 21, 2004 10:30 am

I like it Katy. Had a picture a a little tow headed boy near the pond right away and saw inside his mind. That's how children feel...but they ever express their feeling about the world to adults. I say go for it..get some music going...play with it and craft it until you're satisifed. For art's sake, the only opinion that counts is yours.But if your'e lucky, and with the right combination of only those same 12 notes that all of the most commercially successful songwriters had to work with (the same 12 notes we all have to work with) and the right chord structure and rhythm...and of course the right A&R person, record company executive and artist all in sync (I didn't really say *nsync), you may have a hit. In other words, I like it. Bob

katy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by katy » Fri May 21, 2004 4:02 pm

Thanks, Bob! Really appreciate your dropping in and giving your feedback. Anybody else with some constructive criticism?

smile

Post by smile » Fri May 21, 2004 4:19 pm

Hi Kathy Overall a very well written song.. I don't know if you have music for this..so take it with a grain of salt..just a couple thoughts.WHERE A HEART CAN FLYLittle boy out by a lake skippin' stonesSaturday mornin' all aloneNo sign of worry on in his mindBut in his heart where he keepsHis feelings buried deepHere's what he's hopin' we'll find(instead of *little boy* I might give the child a name.. line one reads a tad long..and it would shorten it a little )CHORUSA wish for all of usTo work a little harderTo try 'n fix the world he's livin' inA hope for all mankindTo reach a little fartherFor all sides to begin givin' inMake a world where he won't need to hideA place WHERE A HEART CAN FLY(very well done.. Line 6.. I might change *begin givin in*3 almost exact rhymes one after another.. just a thought)There's a war goin' on in the evenin' news(And) a sniper's out there on the looseThe boy's afraid of his own fateA neighbor girl is somehow goneAmber alert is onWhile yellow ribbons await(again line one reads a tad long.. I might trim it..otherwise well done)A wish for all of usTo work a little harderTo try 'n fix the world he's livin' inA hope for all mankindTo reach a little fartherFor all sides to begin givin' inMake a world where he won't need to hideA place WHERE A HEART CAN FLYBridgeHe says he’s gonna be an astronautBring a little piece of heaven back to EarthBut until that day he can only prayWe'll hear what's in his heart and put an end to all the hurtA wish for all of usTo work a little harderTo try 'n fix the world he's livin' inA hope for all mankindTo reach a little fartherFor all sides to begin givin' inMake a world where he won't need to hideA place WHERE A HEART CAN FLYTake or chuck as always.. really enjoyed the read. Smile

katy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by katy » Sat May 22, 2004 11:37 am

Hey, thanks, Smile! Thanks for takin' the time to read and comment. I think you have some good points there.Really appreciate it.

BurningSven

Post by BurningSven » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:34 am

Hi Katy Lots of good images in this song, do you have some music/melody in mind maby? I have some thoughts about this one but I think it´s hard to give some faire and good advice without knowing how you think regarding the melody. The neighbor girl part? Hide and fly don´t ryhme so good in my ears beeing Scandinavian, english is a global langauage today. Anyway I really like this one and would like to hear how you hear it.Burnin Sven

katy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by katy » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:42 pm

Hi there, Sven!I don't have a melody in mind for this, but if you like it and have something in mind, feel free to contact me at:MoneysWirthMusic@aol.comThanks for taking an interest!