Re: One forward I'm really happy about

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:09 am

Well it's about time you started getting forwards even with high bars. You're stuff rocks, on a very consistent level bro.

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:24 am

Congrats.As hard as you seem to work, it's no wonder you feel your skill set has improved.This listing appears to be a potential "leap to the bigtime"Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:38 am

Quote:I am really happy I got a forward on this one. I don't normally post on forwards, but this one just felt a bit like it needed to be shared.Quote:ADULT ALTERNATIVE ARTISTS in the range of Sheryl Crow to Dave Matthews to U2 to the Counting Crows to Liz Phair to David Gray to Fiona Apple are sought by the VP of an LA-based Music Production Library with recent placements in TV shows such as Ugly Betty (ABC), Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip (NBC), and Lost (ABC) as well as ads for Apple, Hilton Hotels, Volvo, and Target. They want to expand their "Artist Series" - a roster of full-fledged, working artists with numerous songs that would work for film/TV/advertising projects. Great performances and tight, well-written songs are a must - they want the best of the best. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics/photo/bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than July 3, 2007. TAXI # S070703AAThis listing seemed tough for me given their requirements so I was not hopeful, but I managed to get one of my three pitches through with nines. My songwriting and mixes have definitely improved thanks to working with and getting feedback from other TAXI folks (reviewers and forum folks), so I wanted to say thanks. Wow! Congrats! This was probably no easy one to get forwarded for!! Casey

triviul
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by triviul » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:34 am

I also submitted for this one -- actually two pairs of tracks in two separate submissions, cos the listing seemed to fit what I do quite well. The two submissions ended up with different screeners, and what surprised me was how different the different critiques were. One of them (for 'Alright' and 'Better') gave me all fives and sixes (my lowest scores to date I think) and said that they weren't commercial in any way, while the other screener (for 'Dorothy' and 'Angelsaint') gave me all eights and nines and forwarded both tracks. Just goes to show how subjective it all is. Maybe I'm just too close to these songs to be objective about them, but they all seem roughly as good/bad as each other to me. They're all on my Taxi hosting if anyone else is interested.

ryoung815

Post by ryoung815 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:45 am

Congrats, you're stuff is awesome! I got forwarded on this too! Sounds like a pretty cool opportunity.-Ryan

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 pm

Good work! You are very dedicated and hard working and it will pay off! Yay!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Quote:I am really happy I got a forward on this one. I don't normally post on forwards, but this one just felt a bit like it needed to be shared.Quote:ADULT ALTERNATIVE ARTISTS in the range of Sheryl Crow to Dave Matthews to U2 to the Counting Crows to Liz Phair to David Gray to Fiona Apple are sought by the VP of an LA-based Music Production Library with recent placements in TV shows such as Ugly Betty (ABC), Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip (NBC), and Lost (ABC) as well as ads for Apple, Hilton Hotels, Volvo, and Target. They want to expand their "Artist Series" - a roster of full-fledged, working artists with numerous songs that would work for film/TV/advertising projects. Great performances and tight, well-written songs are a must - they want the best of the best. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics/photo/bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than July 3, 2007. TAXI # S070703AAThis listing seemed tough for me given their requirements so I was not hopeful, but I managed to get one of my three pitches through with nines. My songwriting and mixes have definitely improved thanks to working with and getting feedback from other TAXI folks (reviewers and forum folks), so I wanted to say thanks. SongwriterI'm delighted you got this listing! - I had been targeting this for a while and didn't get any of 3 brand new tracks through. Bummed! For me - back to life, back to reality. For you - I really am delighted. You write great stuff. And your prolificity reminds us that repeated action leads to inspiration. Inspiration in itself rarely leads to action. Liam

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Quote:I am really happy I got a forward on this one. I don't normally post on forwards, but this one just felt a bit like it needed to be shared.Quote:ADULT ALTERNATIVE ARTISTS in the range of Sheryl Crow to Dave Matthews to U2 to the Counting Crows to Liz Phair to David Gray to Fiona Apple are sought by the VP of an LA-based Music Production Library with recent placements in TV shows such as Ugly Betty (ABC), Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip (NBC), and Lost (ABC) as well as ads for Apple, Hilton Hotels, Volvo, and Target. They want to expand their "Artist Series" - a roster of full-fledged, working artists with numerous songs that would work for film/TV/advertising projects. Great performances and tight, well-written songs are a must - they want the best of the best. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics/photo/bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than July 3, 2007. TAXI # S070703AAThis listing seemed tough for me given their requirements so I was not hopeful, but I managed to get one of my three pitches through with nines. My songwriting and mixes have definitely improved thanks to working with and getting feedback from other TAXI folks (reviewers and forum folks), so I wanted to say thanks. As hard as you work, and as creative and talented as you are, it was only a matter of time. Get used to it. I think you'll be passing the high bar more and more. Congrats.Aub