I wrote the soundtrack for this film

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lunik

I wrote the soundtrack for this film

Post by lunik » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:11 am

The film is called The Planet. It's star is Mike Mitchell aka Mr Universe, and was filmed on Aberdeen's Balmedie Beach - a strange and unforgiving planet.....A local cinema like it and are going to show it in September, and the Director (Mark Stirton) has just signed a 3-year contract with Sky.You can find out more, watch clips, and buy the DVD by clicking on Discover The Planet at:www.stirtonproductions.comI've also got a website dedicated to my music production for film:www.nickyfraser.comI did this as a freebie to get a foot in the door, and it looks like it might just pay off. I'm really proud to have been part of this project Hope you enjoy the movie and the music

jerrobin

Re: I wrote the soundtrack for this film

Post by jerrobin » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:12 am

Well done you. Hope it all takes off for you.

jerrobin

Post by jerrobin » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:17 am

That said - you are a jammy sod!!!!Good stuff. Some of it reminds me of the Alan Parsons Project. This is good.

lunik

Post by lunik » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:57 am

Hey JerrobinThanks for checking it out.I haven't heard of the Alan Parsons Project, but will check him/them/it out CheersLunik

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:37 am

Hi Nicky,I'm listening to "The Planet Intro" which I'm guessing is from the film. Very cool stuff. I watched a little clip that the other site had and it seems that your music is a perfect fit. Kind of like what BT did for "Stealth". Others sometimes disagree with the basic premise, but my experience is that doing music (film scoring) for copy/credit in the beginning pays off in the long run. My thought was always that I'm going to be writing music on my own anyway. Might as well have a real purpose and a project to my credit. Good work and I hope you continue to hang around the forum.Dave

lunik

Post by lunik » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:08 am

Hey DaveThanks for checking it out and for the words of wisdom and encouragement . Really appreciated.Yep the Planet intro is the opening credits music for the movie.I'm totally the same. I would be doing this anyway, but it was a whole different experience producing for someone else, but a great experience, and I really like working to deadlines.I will be hanging around the forums in the future. I've been with Taxi for about a year but only discovered the forums a couple of months back.BTW I like your quote "composing is better than decomposing" lol

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:27 am

cool soundtrack - congrats!
production, composition & stringed instruments