Benefit Worth Looking Into....

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobpepek
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Benefit Worth Looking Into....

Post by bobpepek » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:56 am

Hi everyone,Not too long ago, I was asked to perform a benefit, which in itself, may not be a music benefit, but is definitely worth at least reading about. http://www.landa615.comAfter reading about the benefit, I couldnt turn them away! The benefit show went amazing, everyone was really nice, and I had a great time. So if you have a free moment, give the website a quick look, and keep the family in your prayers, or feel free to contact them and send your regards!Bob

greatmoves
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Benefit Worth Looking Into....

Post by greatmoves » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:06 am

Hey Bob, If it's so great why don't you tell us a little bit about it? At least give the jist of the benefit. Why are you being so vauge?I could be wrong... But You sound like you are selling something or pushing fellow members to some sort of sells pitch web site.BB
First we hear noise in our mind. A joyful sound we call music, Thus we all play by ear... bjb Songwriter

WOW, What Gall someone must have, trying to use "ideas only" to wedge their way into the music business... bjb

bobpepek
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bobpepek » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:03 am

BB,I dont see how I was being vauge, or pushy on anything, if its of no interest to you, then I wouldn't concern yourself. I'm not trying to get anyone to donate money, attend these benefits, or even show interest.Last time I checked, the section of this forum was entitled "Giggage", subtitled "Got a gig, Looking to gig, post it up"... I "had a gig", was moved by the cause, and figured I'd share my experience. As my concerns and best wishes went with the family, I wanted to at least make people aware of this show because it meant something to me to perform it, I was honored that they had asked me to play.Not once did I say "send them your money" or "help donate to a good cause", I simply said "give the website a quick look, and keep the family in your prayers, or feel free to contact them and send your regards".So if you dont personally have the time to read into the benefit, or it feel it doesnt interest you, thats perfectly fine, but I'd suggest you not see any benefit, or charity as a "sales pitch". Im sure this family wouldnt see it that way. However, if you'd like more information on the Landa615 foundation, this is the story copied straight from the website:In the early morning hours of Sunday June 28th, the Landa family, of Griswold, CT lost their home, their possessions, and 7 of their 8 family dogs to fire.Kyle, the 20 year old son of Dawne and Dave Landa, awoke his quadriplegic father and dragged him from the upper level of their raised ranch to safety outside of their home, before collapsing from smoke inhalation and burns to his neck, and hands. Dawne Landa, in her own act of heroism, dragged both her husband and her son away from the burning home while waiting for the emergency vehicles to arrive. The emergency crews were unable to save the home as they focused their attention on the Landa family.This was not the first tragedy the Landa family had endured. In the summer of 2008, Kyle rescued his unconscious father from the bottom of their swimming pool, after suffering an accident which left David paralyzed.For those of you who desire more information on the foundation, you can go to http://www.landa615.comRegards,Bob

greatmoves
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by greatmoves » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Well Bob, If you had just put as much info in the first post... then maybe I might have taken a look, but you chose not to do so. I make a point of not attending or responding to vauge plays for attention due to past experience. I find when a person/advertisment is being deliberately vauge it's because there is a hard sales pitch at the end of the road, for that I say dont waste my time.Step back and re-read your post, better yet get someone else to read it that's not a friend or related... you know, someone objective and not biased toward you point of view. Ask them is it vauge. If they're completly honest with you, the answer is yes.You posted in the "Giggage" section, but if you are promoting something, then do so... That would involve selling the event. The information you gave did not sell me on it.BB
First we hear noise in our mind. A joyful sound we call music, Thus we all play by ear... bjb Songwriter

WOW, What Gall someone must have, trying to use "ideas only" to wedge their way into the music business... bjb

bobpepek
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bobpepek » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:39 pm

BB,What is your deal? Are you really that distraught that I didnt take the time to elaborate on every single detail of this benefit? If it leaves that much of a distaste in your mouth, it'd be best that you contact someone at Taxi and have this thread removed. I was unaware this thread caused you so much anguish that you found it necessary to personally attack me. You're right that this event does not benefit your music career, its a waste of your time. I feel for you, your "bad past experience", but find it unnecessary for you to call me out on this. You're past experience has obviously left you defensive. I think YOU should step back and ask yourself, "was it really worth my time to call him out on this?", "Could I have better spent my time writing a new song, or doing something else constructive". Your efforts are best put forth in trying to land that record deal, like everyone else, and not pointing out everyones flaws. If you truly have nothing else better to do or say, might I suggest the tride but true saying "If you dont have anything nice to say.............."As for my "plays for attention", I apologize if I took a minute of my time to recognize a family "in need", I strongly hope you do not have to suffer the same perils as this family, for one day the shoe could be on the other foot.Bob

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by wta » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:23 pm

I didn't find the first post to be vauge at all BB. You can't make Bob pay for something someone else did to you. If Bob's like me I HATE typing and give just enough info to say what I'm saying. Maybe I"m just taking it a bit personal as I've been networking with Bob and have found him to be very straight forward, doesn't color outside the lines and doesn't exaggerate. Maybe BB you're issue might be better in a pm type enviroment? Just my opinion...
Music is like oxygen, you can live without it but not for very long...
http://www.withcriminalintent.com
http://www.williamthomasanderson.com

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Well, two things:1 - I read Bob's first post and looked at the site. What I got from the post and the site, was that Bob was, as a musican & artist, grateful to be part of something useful and wanted to share his experience. Since it was a gig, he posted it in the gig forum. He was neither selling something or asking anyone to contribute, he was just saying "it felt good to feel that I was doing something useful with my talent to help someone else".2 - "vauge" is not a word in the English language. Perhaps we mean "vague": not clearly defined, grasped or understood, as in "vague accusations."Nuff said. Let's move on.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Oct 6, 2009, 4:06pm, greatmoves wrote:Well Bob, If you had just put as much info in the first post... then maybe I might have taken a look, but you chose not to do so. I make a point of not attending or responding to vauge plays for attention due to past experience. I find when a person/advertisment is being deliberately vauge it's because there is a hard sales pitch at the end of the road, for that I say dont waste my time.Step back and re-read your post, better yet get someone else to read it that's not a friend or related... you know, someone objective and not biased toward you point of view. Ask them is it vauge. If they're completly honest with you, the answer is yes.You posted in the "Giggage" section, but if you are promoting something, then do so... That would involve selling the event. The information you gave did not sell me on it.BBHmmmmmm...........First of all, Bob didn't waste your time, YOU wasted your time, if you choose to see it that way, by taking your time to reply to his post anyway. Then you wasted more of your time by replying yet again!!! If it was really a waste of your time, then it seems to me you would have read the post and moved on. One mouse click would have given you the information you needed when the page that was linked opened up. But that would have taken yet more of your precious time. But you chose to spend your time breaking down someone who is promoting a GIG and also trying to help folks in need by sharing his talents and his, get ready for it: TIME, to help these folks.Come on BB. Don't you have better things to do than to make petty attacks on someone who is only trying to help some folks in need? One click on the link would have given you everything you were asking about.And I'm with Vikki, use a spell checker.
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

mfowler
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mfowler » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 am

Good for you Bob!! Extremely kind of you to donate your time and talent to a good cause!!

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:13 am

Wasn't such a "great move" huh?