Double submitted, guess what happened?!?!?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

coxnvox
Impressive
Impressive

Double submitted, guess what happened?!?!?

Post by coxnvox » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:45 pm

I had forgotten that I had submitted to a listing and submitted the same songs to that listing again. I thought maybe someone would catch it and just disregard the one and critique one...Nope!Both got critiqued, the critiques were actually pretty similar in most ways, but one got forwarded and the other didn't!Maybe I'll have to "accidentally" double-submit more in the future!Later and best luck to all,kc
James Cox
coxnvox music, evergreen, co
Founder and CEO - Missional Score
MissionalScore.com

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Double submitted, guess what happened?!?!?

Post by grandmatarkin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:05 pm

Same thing happened to me, twice! First time, one forwarded, one returned... the second time, the song was forwarded twice Curse my memory...

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:08 pm

I recently did that with a no-crit listing - submitted... and then, on the due date... submitted again, forgetting that I had already done so. Unfortunately I checked my submission list afterwards - so I wasted $5. And, one submission was returned, and the other was forwarded. Do the screeners have rocks in their heads? No. I figured, they saw the duplicate submission & only forwarded the song once. It would be pretty dumb if they forwarded the same song to the same listing twice. Wouldn't it? On top of that, if they forwarded the same song, which made (say) the top ten of submissions, to the same listing twice, another songwriter who was in the top 11 might lose an opportunity to be forwarded - and that wouldn't be fair.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:11 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... (that's on a middle C by the way)...I'd be interested to hear a little more about this.... would you be willing to disclose the screener numbers and who forwarded and who didn't? Or.... was it the same screener who forwarded and rejected the same song.... that would be hilarious.... geee..... listening to a little too much music....??ArkJack

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:17 pm

Different screeners in my case...

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:30 pm

Quote:Hmmmmmmmmmm...... (that's on a middle C by the way)...I'd be interested to hear a little more about this.... would you be willing to disclose the screener numbers and who forwarded and who didn't? Or.... was it the same screener who forwarded and rejected the same song.... that would be hilarious.... geee..... listening to a little too much music....??ArkJackThere are no screener numbers on non-critique listings as far as I can tell.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:24 pm

I did that by accident too. Here's a good question though.If a listing asks for up to three songs, and you did a double submission which totalled not more that the three songs, would this be seen as acceptable?
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:08 am

Quote:Quote:Hmmmmmmmmmm...... (that's on a middle C by the way)...I'd be interested to hear a little more about this.... would you be willing to disclose the screener numbers and who forwarded and who didn't? Or.... was it the same screener who forwarded and rejected the same song.... that would be hilarious.... geee..... listening to a little too much music....??ArkJackThere are no screener numbers on non-critique listings as far as I can tell. There is on Taximusic.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

coxnvox
Impressive
Impressive

Post by coxnvox » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:50 am

My instance was with 2 different screeners. I guess right now I don't think I'd want to tell their ID numbers just because I don't know that much about whether that's considered ethical around here or not. I definitely would not want to come across as bashing the screener who didn't forward me, because, again, the critiques were actually quite similar in their estimations of the quality of the songs...but one simply thought they were on target for the listing and one didn't.Audi,kc
James Cox
coxnvox music, evergreen, co
Founder and CEO - Missional Score
MissionalScore.com

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:25 am

Quote:Do the screeners have rocks in their heads? No. I figured, they saw the duplicate submission & only forwarded the song once. It would be pretty dumb if they forwarded the same song to the same listing twice. Wouldn't it? There is another possible explanation. Some songs are slam-dunk obvious forwards. And some are unquestionably off-the-mark. However, what if a song is in that gray zone- maybe right, maybe not. It would stand to reason that different humans might call it in different directions. Casey