Rockin' With Raags

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Rockin' With Raags

Post by allends » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:00 am

Hi Taxi Friends,All of us Taxi forum members put our heart and soul into our music so it is a real thrill to meet and share thoughts and feelings with a real-life fellow "Dot". I had the very great pleasure of joining our very own Raags for a recent home town gig. My local musician friends and I formed a band for Raags, we practiced together once, and away we went! A very enthusiastic crowd turned out because Raags is a home-town girl from way back plus she's a local celeb among those who love her genre of music. Raags was in great form and the band pulled it off nicely (IMHO ).I just want to share with the Taxi Forum family what a positive experience this was. When I joined Taxi I never expected to network and gig with great performers. What a bonus!! Raags' dynamism, good humor, smooth grace, and magical talent was truly an inspiration to everyone. Here are a couple of pictures of that amazing event: The coolest, most comfortable gig I ever played!Taxi Friends!Highly recommended: Look up a forum member & enjoy the camaraderie!For more information about Raags, surf over to http://www.raganiworld.com/

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Rockin' With Raags

Post by jchitty » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:20 am

Hey, thanks for posting that, Allen! So cool to see TAXI members doing gigs together....the pics of you and Raags are really cool. It's a further testament that not only do really good collabs come out of this, but also gigs together and the bond of lasting friendships. When y'all become famous, remember us. Love that outfit too, Raags!

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Aw... you guys are so sweet! There's nothing like DOT collaboration, indeed, chits, and it was the best of nights!! We were remembering all of you during our gig... Allen and the others were absolute gems, easy as pie to work with, and we had plenty of laughs in the fart green room. What Allen didn't tell you is that under that nice blue outfit of mine, I've concealed my secret butterstick. That Sanskrit writing on the wall above us... well, that was my butterstick. In fact, I've decided to write on everything with my butterstick now. Everything!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Jul 10, 2008, 5:28pm, ragani wrote:Aw... you guys are so sweet! There's nothing like DOT collaboration, indeed, chits, and it was the best of nights!! We were remembering all of you during our gig... Allen and the others were absolute gems, easy as pie to work with, and we had plenty of laughs in the fart green room. What Allen didn't tell you is that under that nice blue outfit of mine, I've concealed my secret butterstick. That Sanskrit writing on the wall above us... well, that was my butterstick. In fact, I've decided to write on everything with my butterstick now. Everything!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Admit it, your Mom wouldn't let you write on the wall when you were little. Glad you guys had such a wonderful time. Next time, you'll have to post a You Tube of your gigs for us.

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:10 am

Very cool! Thanks for posting.

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:38 am

Jul 10, 2008, 5:28pm, ragani wrote:Allen and the others were absolute gems, ......Raags, you asked the musicians what we would like to name our new band. I vote for "The Gem Stones". For short, people can call us "The Stones". My second choice would be "The Plutonics". Jul 10, 2008, 5:28pm, ragani wrote:...and we had plenty of laughs in the fart green room. You vegetarians gotta get a clue and discover Beano.Jul 10, 2008, 5:28pm, ragani wrote:...What Allen didn't tell you is that under that nice blue outfit of mine, I've concealed my secret butterstick. That Sanskrit writing on the wall above us... well, that was my butterstick. In fact, I've decided to write on everything with my butterstick now. Everything!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!Watch out there fellas. I think she means it this time! -Al

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Oh my good heavens-- now you've done it!! You've spilled the beans!! I thought you promised to make sure that part was edited OUT. All right, Al, no more treats for you. Nope. Just stones. Hard ones.
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani