...a forward that made me smile

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

...a forward that made me smile

Post by gitarrero » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:41 am

hi folks,I usually don't post my forwards, but this one realy delighted me. here's the listing:***A Major Producer/Songwriter who has worked with artists such as David Bowie, Ricky Martin, Brandy, Robert Plant, Meredith Brooks, and Bad Company [plus many, many more] is looking to hire a POP/R&B PRODUCER/WRITER/PROGRAMMER to work with him on numerous upcoming projects. He’s swamped - his projects are piling up and he can’t get to all of them, even though he already has a full-time staff. Hence, he needs to hire more talented producers ASAP. He’s specifically looking for someone who can produce great & very current sounding Pop/R&B tracks/songs along the lines of Beyonce, the Pussycat Dolls, Fergie, Justin Timberlake, etc. He’d love to find the next Timbaland or Scott Storch. He needs someone that has their own home studio (necessary) and prefers that you work on ProTools (not as necessary). He wants to hear your complete songs with vocals -- do not submit just instrumental tracks. Master quality material is requested -- you must show that you can “produce the goods.” Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissions have been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 4:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time (California time), Monday, April 2, 2007. TAXI #D070402PO******..now the producer just needs to call me or drop an email and things are cool...;)have nice eastern!martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: ...a forward that made me smile

Post by mazz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:59 am

Excellent! Would love to hear the song, could you put a link up?
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:30 am

Congrats Martin! I'm not surprised at all, considering the quality of your work...you're bound to get a call from the producer.I had a return for this listing (boo-hoo ) that I'm going to post in a different thread for some forum feedback since it was a No Critique listing.Great job,Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:08 am

hi guys,thanks..!here's the song, "nothing can compare":http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... tID=36881I also sent a second song to the same listing, but that one got rejected....now help me to do some online-voodoo... "...produuuuuucer, caaaaaaall marting, caaaaall.."...;)...and now I'm off to vacation - one week south-spain (andalusia) - great!cheers,martin

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zircon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:12 pm

Awesome!!! Sounds like a great gig. Hope you get it.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Great song, Martin...certainly worthy of a forward.Can you post the one that didn't make the cut?André

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:46 pm

@andré:sure, here it is - "what can you do":http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... ers,martin

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:06 am

Martin-This second song is really good too. The melody goes in some unexpected places, which may not have seemed mainstream enough to the screener for a forward.Let us know what happens with the producer!Best of luck,Andre

drkrugenstein

Post by drkrugenstein » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:33 am

Nice song. Congrats.