2nd forward!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

2nd forward!!

Post by nycoach » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:00 am

I just joined a few weeks ago, and yesterday I got my second forward this week! Who knows if anything will ever happen with these, but I feel like I'm doing something right so far!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 2nd forward!!

Post by davewalton » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:40 am

Quote: I just joined a few weeks ago, and yesterday I got my second forward this week! Who knows if anything will ever happen with these, but I feel like I'm doing something right so far! Living in a small college town in Missouri, Taxi was my only way of getting what I felt was a realistic assement of my music. It's not universally true but I feel like if I'm getting forwards that when I send music submissions outside of Taxi that I generally know that when I never hear back it wasn't because of any real major flaws.Keep those forwards coming!

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:00 am

hi nycoach,congrats - feels good, doesn't it?yep, the forwards are a good method for both motivation and education - I learnt (..and still do) what works for what kind of request.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks guys! Everyone seems so supportive here as well. very cool!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:53 am

There's another "new" member, another drummer guy that posted some stuff a couple of days ago. I know you percussion folks hang out together and have secret passwords and all that stuff so I thought I'd mention it. He's here:www.thegiftofgroove.comOf the few tracks I listened to I liked "Pico da Neblina", about the fifth one down. I guess I should be telling him that.

jbeck
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jbeck » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:49 pm

Congratulations..hopefully something will come of that for you..I'm just curious since I'm fairly new to this as well..how many weeks after the deadline did it take for you to find out your song was forwarded? I guess it varies for each listing. Just curious..jbeck

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:59 pm

Quote:Congratulations..hopefully something will come of that for you..I'm just curious since I'm fairly new to this as well..how many weeks after the deadline did it take for you to find out your song was forwarded? I guess it varies for each listing. Just curious..jbeckusually it's about 3 weeks or so... approx.personally the return time doesn't bother me much since I have most of the time a bunch of "pending" submissions (13 at the moment) - so something is always coming;)cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:39 am

Yeah it took almost 3 weeks for news on both of these submissions. Is it the same amount of time for Dispatch listings?

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:25 am

Quote:Yeah it took almost 3 weeks for news on both of these submissions. Is it the same amount of time for Dispatch listings?Actually, three weeks is pretty good. For regular listings I usually think four to six weeks.Dispatch is always something like three or four days. They're quick turnarounds.

jbeck
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jbeck » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:07 am

Quote:Quote:Congratulations..hopefully something will come of that for you..I'm just curious since I'm fairly new to this as well..how many weeks after the deadline did it take for you to find out your song was forwarded? I guess it varies for each listing. Just curious..jbeckusually it's about 3 weeks or so... approx.personally the return time doesn't bother me much since I have most of the time a bunch of "pending" submissions (13 at the moment) - so something is always coming;)cheers,martinYeah, the return time isn't a big deal after you start submitting a bunch of stuff. I think after my first submission I marked weeks on the calendar, but then I started submitting more and more and now everything just overlaps..I figure..well, I'll just keep picking and sending....forget worrying about it...