Re: I proclaim my failure to the world!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:13 am

welcome here, dump the profanity. get a better name that doesn't make you sound like a loser, cause you probably aren't.forwards do not equal cash - might be a longer wait than you expectevery different use of music has different ways of generating cash. here's a good readhttp://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?bo....read=1132635705steve

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:48 am

Quote:HelloI know this sounds -ve but it isn't. After so many trials I never got forwarded but like all know Taxi guys were polite and had some useful tips. All I am trying to tell u here is that if you haven't been forwarded the first step is to accept the ugliness of it because you cannot build a new house on an old one! You have to accept the old house is shit first. Crush it down. Take the new tips and build a whole new monster without making the old mistakes. What does that mean? Get educated in song writing and try again. Get books on the subject. So I am summoning my courage and strength after a major dissappointment. I hadn't realized how hard it is to be rejected after spending 1 year to compose a whole album. But there u have it I FAILED the first time around with Taxi. I am relieved to announce it. I almost sold all my equipment and left music forever until I had this voice in my head "oyu haven't gone all the way yet"! So don't let anyone get you down! You get your shit together, get educated and keep trying! Please don't stop! This is life! No rehearsals! If you have tried and tried and it doesn't work then u know you have done your best and have no regrets. Only surrender and release. But make sure you have gone as far as the tunnel goes. But then what the hell am I talking about? You have been forwarded already! CONGRATS TO YOU ALL OF YOU WHO MADE IT! YOu get thumbs up and YOU ARE A HERO!Please tell me because I don't know. When you get forwared does that mean they will definitely buy your song? and how much do they pay (on average) for a song and how long does it take to get an answer that you are now a shaved cat and ready for patting! God Bless all.proudly,TOTALFAILURE (I havent summoned the courage to display my name yet! that will be when I have reached the end of this F^cking tunnel!) Hey, Total Failure, here's a strategy I use every now and then to help me deal with not getting foward...well, more of a 'fantasy' I guess. Five years from now, as I'm accepting my Grammy, CMT and CMA award for best country song of the year, I make an acceptance speech which goes something like, "Thank you hubby, family, friends, producers, the artist who sang the song, demo services, etc, and all the people who benefited my career. And TAXI, I accept your offer to be a songwriting panelist at your 2017 Road Rally even though you rejected my song of the year, "Never Add Sugar to Your Buttermilk Cornbread" I will unveil my new song at the rally entitled, "Only Southerners Can Cook."

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:10 am

and what will you be wearing for this gala event?250

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:49 am

Ok, now I'm really curious to hear some of your music. There could be a number of reasons that you are not being forwarded. Do you have anything online?Also, I think you just have to keep trying. I won't attempt to wax eloquent here... but I would recommend watching Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III! Get past the slurred speech, and there's depth there (just like being drunk!).Dave

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:08 pm

Versace....Congrats on your 4 Star Senior status, Steve. I'm only one post away.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:12 am

You should do one of the things in your message. Build a new house (metaphorically).If you suddenly discovered that your house had rot and was going to fall down within a year, would you just sit there all resigned and say "Oh, ok. I'll just sit here and be crushed".I'm sure you'd do something about it.Once the despair has passed you can look at what they said in a more objective and positive way.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.