1st forward on second try

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

1st forward on second try

Post by allends » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:51 pm

Hello Friends,I’m happy to have gotten my first forward! The reviewer was Listener ID # 115 and the listing is S070222IN:Esoteric, cool, atmospheric INDIE-style FILM SCORE MUSIC/INSTRUMENTALS are wanted by an Audio Software Co./Library that specializes in supplying digital media creators the means to create specialized soundtracks for their visual projects (films, TV, ads, etc.). They’re seeking a wide range of score material that would work in, say, a Jim Jarmusch or Quentin Tarantino film. Not big orchestral John Williams stuff - rather, the opposite. Moody, quiet, spatial, unique, dramatic, etc. Important: You must have the original multitracks/stems on hand and available in case the company is interested - you must be able to deliver in stems. Do not submit material that does not meet this criteria - they can’t use it. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 22, 2007. TAXI # S070222INOf the 3 songs I submitted, the one that got me through is: I Remember You. It was by far the strongest track and I appreciate the fact that I would not have been forwarded if not for this song (I sent in the other two tracks just to get some feedback since this was only the second listing I've submitted to).The song has a very special story behind it too: One evening I was playing my guitar when I felt a powerful wave of creative energy flowing through me. So I pushed the Record button on my DAW and just spontaneously played an entire neo-classical finger-style composition from beginning to end in one take! Nothing like this has ever happened to me before or since. My hard drive caused an anomaly in the track so I eventually re-recorded it, but not until after I learned how to play it again note-for-note. It was like having to learn someone else’s music. The current version of the song has some light moody accompaniment on piano, strings, and electric guitar & bass. I must admit that the mix is so saturated with dripping wet reverb that it almost didn’t get forwarded.Please drop by my Broadjam page and have a listen to my miracle song: I Remember You. Thanks for the opportunity to share the joy of my first baby step into the music world!Best Regards,Allen

tonyrichards

Re: 1st forward on second try

Post by tonyrichards » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:13 am

very nice moody track man ... congrats to you ... many more to come !!!

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:28 am

Quote:very nice moody track man ... congrats to you ... many more to come !!!Thanks Tony,A notice that your tracks are full of feeling and creative energy. I'll be listening!-Allen

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:45 am

Quote:... Wow you know what they call that inspiration? It is your higher self in spiritual language...Hey Totalfailure,Thank you very much, friend! It's very awesome of you to post a message with this much depth of feeling & insight: you obviously have a better grasp of creative matters than your screen name implies. BTW: I checked out your other recent post and you have a complelling message there too. All the more reason for me to be flattered by your positive comments here. Anyway, I'm glad you appreciated the song for the gift that it is. I don't expect to tap into the divine on a reqular basis so there won't be many more like it. Thanks again, and the best of luck to you with your music!-Allen