Like-minded LA songwriter?

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

asiabackpacker
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Like-minded LA songwriter?

Post by asiabackpacker » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:45 pm

Hey musos....I'm getting back to LA in a month after a year of traveling/living/working abroad....the year, apart from being challenging and inspiring at the same time, has pushed me to the realization of how important song writing and music is to me. My number one life goal is to become a professional songwriter...and I aim to stop at nothing to make this dream a reality. Through my work, and other things I am passionate about in life, I am able to make other people's lives better, and I've realized that that is what songwriting is to me as well-another avenue through which I can make other people's lives better....and that is the sole aspiration through which I approach songwriting....I've played and written since I was about 13 (I'm 30 now), but only really focused on learning and growing as a songwriter over the past 2 years. Now I'm more focused on it than ever. I recently attended a Pat Pattison workshop, and have been writing daily and applying the concepts into my songwriting to awesome effect! And I'll be joining Taxi in time to attend the Road Rally in Nov. I object write every day, do vocal exercises every day....I'm pretty darn focused on this!Anyway, that being said, I'm curious who's out there in LA (surely a few of you )...and interested in getting together for some kind of collaboration....whether it's cowriting, tossing songs around, or even just grabbing the occasional beer and kicking each others arses to stay motivated on their songwriting goals...I've also been tossing around the idea of starting a band with another songwriter to share the spotlight with...get live realtime crowd feedback on songs, etc... I'm really open to anything that I think will hope me grow....If you want to hear some of my music, I have a myspace page, though I think it's safe to say I've grown a ton since writing and recording the songs that I have up there currently (I haven't had much access to recording in the past year, but have been writing a lot!!!)http://www.myspace.com/asiabackpackerFeel free to reply to this thread, drop me a PM, or an email at elliottlemberger@hotmail.com if you're interested in getting in touch..Looking forward to hearing from you! Elliott

jsaras

Re: Like-minded LA songwriter?

Post by jsaras » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi, Elloitt.Was that Pat Pattison workshop in Hollywood last March or April? If so I was in that workshop also. Pat taught it with Steve Seskin. I plan on going to the next one in March as well.John